Chapter 88 : Love Reconciliation

Reaching one of the places that would be safer with them, Anastasia almost passed out from exceeding the amount of her intended magical power. The Duchesses reach out in hand for the older lady, carrying her to the bed afterwards.

Anastasia immediately deep into the realm of dreams before she says, "I am glad that I am in time to save you both."

The Duchess of Light takes herself to leave, needing time to be alone after tucking in the blanket before igniting a fire at the fireplace to warm Anastasia. The amethyst eyes follow her right behind, watching her from afar to let her have some space but not letting the woman out of her sight. She knows the people taking things across the line that would be irreversible to Natalie.

"Ignorance should not be tolerated. It isn't worthy of one's understanding or sympathy."

Natalie is someone with mercy in a suitable place; if she isn't thinking about Hera and Eryx that day, Medea knows the Duchess of Light will burn the entire Empire without hesitation. But, because of the people she still cares about, the blonde woman doesn't intend to do so. That reminds her of how many stupid people were blinded by something without confirmation. She huffs in annoyance about that, as it is the same as in the past.

Her side evolves, but people? They never really did. The curse of knowing everything, but the people remain ignorant, choosing to believe in one thing and then making their own assumptions. This led to the situation where philosophers or scholars fear the most. It is the tyranny of the majority, the system where the majority will neglect the needs of the minority.

It can be applied the same just now. The majority has spoken, and their voice is ultimate, but Medea believes they can turn this around.

At the Imperial Palace

"A dragon shows up?" the funny feeling rises in Ares.

Then, suddenly, Ares burst out a peal of maniacal laughter.

"Natalie is more amusing than I thought," he grins, finding so much excitement in destroying the woman.

"And the Smith's manor is being layered by ice from the dragon as well, Your Majesty," the shadow knights inform before Julius suddenly reappears from his mission in fur clothes.

"That dragon can breathe ice instead of fire?" Ares touches his chin within the palm of his hand as curiosity pokes around him about this dragon.

"Yes, Your Majesty," they nod in agreement.

Regardless, the dragon will be one of his hurdles in the future. But can he tame it like Natalie did and turn it back around her using the divinity power?

"I'll think about it," Ares dismissed the thought.

The sapphire eyes throw his sight at the man who suddenly appears, finishing his mission after that. Julius bends his body, giving a bow to the man. The shadow knights notice their leader, offering respect to the man.

"I have finished my task, Your Majesty," he said in a low voice, probably because of the snow from outside.

"Splendid! You and the shadow knights are really making me proud over the information you bring to the table," the man said in a jubilant voice, feeling his lips form a big smile over his achievement today.

He crosses his legs, as usual, putting the back of his hand on the side of his defined jaws, grinning for the next step of his plan. And that to behead Hera before he finds Natalie after he puts a bounty on her head.

"Now, track where Duchess Smith may be located. Find any of her private property or under a mysterious pseudonym linked to the House of Smith," he ordered the shadow knights for their next task, giving a chilling glance at them, before humming excitedly to finish Hera tonight.