Chapter 70 : Eirene Festival (2)

The Ilemia and Luicasha's troops start galloping their horses, immediately marching towards the North where the Angelos is located. The leaders, Maximus and Philo, a smile from ear to ear, cannot believe that the Guardian Deity grants their wish to destroy the Angelos, with a Valimos in it. Their faces feel the mild touch of the wind while the rest of their clothes flutter in the gust.

The North, which includes the previously gained waterfall region and several densely forested areas, is now available to them because Angelos won the last time. It made it difficult to spot the adversary, who remained hidden and located the Angelos' flag. When the allies finally arrive, they will be greeted by the soothing sounds of waterfalls and the feel of a cool breeze.

"Isn't it too quiet here?" Philo asks, turning his head here and there to find something alive or the blue flag, a symbol of Angelos.

"Indeed," Maximus answers, following the man to descend from the horse.

Philo allows his body to move to the places he thinks Medea and her team will be hiding. However, without the Marquess's strength, they likely flee into hiding with the flag or sneak up on the opposing flag in an attempt to avoid conflict.

"She even goes in hiding like her father, Lucinius."

Their two followers follow them while the other goes on guard for their flag. The man grips his hair, squatting down to ransack his brain.

"Let's search another place," Max suggests after a while, standing there without no finding at all.

The men are back on their horses and marching off in various directions to the North. The more they search, the more stressed they become. Little did they know some figure was looking at them for a while, watching their morale gradually crumble. It is almost an hour, but she is nowhere to be found!

"Looking for me?" Duchess Medea leans jadedly on the branches, watching the figures scratching their heads at the impossible things.

The men stop, wanting to get a rest for a while. It's been so long for them to search the North area, it is not a big area, and they can finish searching there quickly. However, the geography and the place structure make it hard, thanks to their advantages. They got off their mounts once more and left the horses lounging beneath the canopy of trees.

"It's time."

"There's no one here. Not even the enemy and her," Max wonders about that. Medea is indeed a sneaky woman.

The sound of the horse neighs in spook, jolting the other horses. It suddenly causes them to run away from the men still resting under the tree. The commotion attracts their attention, but their horses are gone now. Luckily, their swords are still attached to them, relieving their heavy hearts.

"Damn it! What spooks them?" Maximus said, approaching the place where they put their horses.

Another figure leans at the tree nearby. However, Maximus remains oblivious, not seeing the woman as rage blinding his sights. He grips his hair, trying to make another plan by being disadvantaged now. If they meet with another team riding their horses, it will be easier for them to be defeated due to its forces. The man turns around his head, finding the woman they wanted to search for this whole time, Medea Andreas Valimos.

Maximus shrieks in fear, surprised to see the woman in the flesh, leaning comfortably against the tree.

"Hi," Medea said, waving her hand.

The man still falls from the ground, quickly getting to his feet while his pupils dilate, seeing anyone nearby her. But, much to his suspicion, the woman is all alone there. There is no one nearby. Philo catches a glimpse of Medea and gets there in no time with the other two.