dark | yuqi x soyeon

tw// panic attack(ish)
yuqi's trapped in the dark and a certain leader helps her out

alone.

it's all she's been feeling. the air around her is cold. the room is dark, not even the light of the moon is shining in. she can't see anything. everything feels like it's closing in on her.

she feels like she's drowning, she can't swim back up. a huge weight is pushing her down further into the darkness and it's not letting her get back up.

she feels like throwing up. everything feels like too much at the moment.

she doesn't think anyone can save her. she's too far deep into this abyss she's pulled herself into. it was her choice to cut people off, it was her choice to stop speaking to everyone, it was her choice to be closed off. she knew they were trying to help her but for some reason she just didn't want to accept it. she wanted to be independent.

it's starting to get hard for her to breathe. she tells herself she needs to take deeper breaths.

it isn't helping her, she can't seem to calm down. she's getting more anxious as time goes on.

will she really find her way out. will the darkness slowly go away. will she be able to break through this.

now it's really getting hard for her.

should she just give up?

she can't even if she wanted to. she came too far for her to just give up. she wants to make everyone proud.

how would the group feel if she quit? they wouldn't mind right? she is only a waste of space anyways. it's not like they need her. she doesn't have an important role in the group anyway.

sure they would be sad if she left, but it only takes one time before they replace her right? they would get over it within weeks.

at this point she feels like she can't breathe. it's getting too much for her. she can't feel anything. it's so cold around her. she feels so empty.

suddenly, she feels a warm touch. it's very light but she can feel it. she can almost even grasp onto it.

"yuqi?"

she hears a sweet voice. it's soft and not overwhelming.

"hey, are you ok?"

yuqi can only whimper.

pathetic.

she can't even voice out her problems to the figure standing close to her. everything is still dark around her. she can't see. she doesn't know how deep she's actually gone until she realizes she can't recognize who it is. it's like her senses were stripped away from her.

she feels the figure elope her in warmth. it's a nice feeling. she likes the feeling of being held. finally after a while of being held she recognized the scent surrounding her. it was her beloved leader.

she's always been there for yuqi. she always knows when the girl is going through a rough patch.

she can't feel herself calming down more and more. she can hear how soyeon is whispering sweet nothings to her. she can feel how the korean girl was drawing random shapes on her back.

slowly she stops shaking and opens her eyes. she sees how the light of the moon is coming out now. she sees how it reflects off of the window and onto her directly. she sees how they're in the dorms.

she sees all of her hoodies that were tossed around, the laptop she had on her desk untouched with a music file she's almost finish, the way soyeon is hugging her so tightly so she could feel something instead of nothing.

slowly, she wraps her arms around the other girl and buries her face into her left shoulder.

"breathe in and out for me, woogs."

yuqi does as she says. she takes a deep breath in, and a deep breath out. she follows the breathing pattern soyeon has. she feels as soyeon's shoulders lift up and down.

she lifts her head up to meet soyeon's eyes again.

"do you feel better now?"

yuqi nods and puts her head back on soyeon's shoulder. she's too mentally and physically exhausted to speak. she feels herself being hoisted up and carried. her body meets the soft comforters of her bed.

then she realizes she was on the floor the whole time.

she feels the bed dip down more and is met with a soyeon that brushes her hair out of her face. she gives yuqi a kiss on the forehead and a kiss on the cheek.

yuqi places her head underneath soyeon's chin and cuddles close to her. even if the leader is small, she needs all the comfort in the world right now, and soyeon was willing to give it.

she places a soft kiss on soyeon's jaw before fully sinking into her body. their bodies molded perfect against each other, like the right puzzle pieces getting put together.

"thank you for pulling me out of there, i don't think i would have been able to get out on my own." yuqi whispers out in a soft voice.

"i'll always be here to pull you out if you ever need me to."

yuqi smiled at that and slowly drifted off to dreamland.

she felt the warmth around her now. she felt at ease. at home. she feels like she's no longer drowning. like a light of hope shined down on her and gave her another chance to rethink.

she no longer feels alone.