melodies of love | minnie x miyeon

Minnie has never met someone quite like Miyeon. The girl has the spirit of a teenage girl, but the soul of a grandma. Miyeon was known to always have some sort of an older taste – it never bothered Minnie ever in her 19 years of living. The Thai girl had grown accustomed to it and grew to love that part of Miyeon's personality.

In hindsight there was only one thing that did bother Minnie; Miyeon hiding her beloved playlists from her. Miyeon was known to keep around her green ipod that dated way back to 2012. It had many scratches on it, and sometimes the buttons would stop working from time to time, but it carried a strong sentimental value to the older girl. It was a gift from her late grandma and she would keep as many playlists as she could on there and would regularly add and delete songs depending on her ever-changing mood.

Minnie never understood why she could never catch a glimpse of the said playlists Miyeon created, she could only sit by and put in the other headphone that was connected to the small device. Everytime Minnie would try to convince the older girl to let her peek into her world, she would always get denied. Miyeon never explained why only that Minnie would find out in the future.

The more Minnie got rejected, the more used to rejection she got. She learned over the years to trust Miyeon and allow her to open up at her own pace. And although she's a little biased, in her humble opinion, Miyeon had the best music taste out of all their friends.

-

The younger girl accepted the truth that she was absolutely in love with her best friend. Her friends would tease her since she was a love-sick puppy, always doing what Miyeon would ask.

They were at the park for one of their friendly dates (per Miyeon's request). A small picnic on a patch of grass Miyeon chose. Minnie would've normally said no to these types of events, but she couldn't bear to decline Miyeon's offer when she was staring at her with puppy eyes.

It was all going well as Minnie planned it to. She made sure to buy all of Miyeon's favorite snacks, download movies to her phone, and even packed some kites anticipating that the weather was going to be windy.

Minnie was wearing a thin brown cardigan while Miyeon sported her iconic green sweater, gifted by Minnie herself a year ago. Miyeon liked it so much that for a moment in time she wore it everyday.

Minnie soon regretted wearing such a thin outfit on a chilly day. She lightly shivered, trying to hide the fact that she was cold so Miyeon wouldn't scold her for not dressing warmly enough. However, Miyeon must've caught her, so the girl removed the thick sweater and handed it to Minnie. "Here, you need this more than me. Don't worry about me getting cold; I have 2 more layers." She gave Minnie a reassuring smile and held it closer to Minnie. The younger girl accepted the offering and gave a quick "thank you" before quickly putting the sweater on.

The sweater provided the right amount of warmth for Minnie on this chilly day. A light hint of a new rose perfume Miyeon was trying out was mixing in with the familiar scent of the older girl.

After all the loud laughter, the shared snacks, and the flying kites, Miyeon's and Minnie's picnic came to an end. As the sun slowly went down Minnie decided to walk Miyeon home just to be safe.