coming back home | miyeon x shuhua

it's been a while since shuhua's been home, but she realizing what she's been missing when she gets there
implied relationship

it was a somber night, shuhua was taking a former path home. she decided to take in the air and the old feeling she got taking this path.

observing the pathway home, she notices how the leaves are slowly turning into their fall colours and falling from the tree, she notices how more cats are popping up since the days are growing shorter now, she notices how the bench she used to sit on everyday is now looking older and wiser.

she saw how some of the old stores she remembered are still open, even the small flower shop by her home. she looked at her watch and saw how it wasn't as late as she thought it was. she decided to take a small stop at the shop and pick up some flowers for someone she had in mind.

she opens the door and hears the familiar jiggle she still remembers.

"shuhua! hey!" she's met with a certain older thai girl she used to talk to all the time. she looks around the shop and sees how it hasn't changed even after 2 years have past. it always stays the same, it always has that warm vibe to it. she took a deep breath in, inhaling the flowery scent that was radiating everywhere.

she sees behind the counter countless pictures, several of them with her old friends in it. the florist was always known as the sentimental one of the group. oh how she missed her so much.

"hi minnie! you got some flowers i could buy." shuhua giggled knowing the irony of her statement. minnie gave her a warm smile. "of course, what were you thinking?" shuhua looked around the small shop. a certain bouquet caught her eyes, a bright pastel pink on one of the higher shelves. the bouquet of peonies, that was perfect.

before she could point and ask minnie to get them for her, she heard a loud voice coming from behind her. suddenly she felt the air get knocked out of her.

"yeh shuhua!"

she could recognize that loud voice anywhere.

"hey qi."

shuhua returned yuqi's hug after regaining her senses. "i missed you a lot." shuhua smiled and patted yuqi's head. "i missed you too yuqi." the beijing girl gave her a big grin.

"here to buy flowers?" shuhua nodded her head. "why else would i be here?" shuhua pointed at the peonies to usher yuqi to get them. yuqi rolled her eyes as she took out the step stool to reach them. "to see your best friend of course!" minnie stared at both of them and chucked at their antics.

yuqi handed the younger girl her flowers after wrapping them tightly, making sure to put a small green bow around it. "so how much would that be?" both yuqi and minnie shook their heads at the same time like it was telepathy. "don't worry about it! it's on the house."

"yeah! don't worry about paying, giving away one flower won't ruin our business." shuhua was hesitant. "are you sure? i have money to pay for it, i'm no longer broke." she chuckled out the last sentence. she remembers when she couldn't even pay for a bowl of ramen.

"yeah we're sure of it, now get going, it's getting dark." minnie said. minnie was always like a mom to her, she was always worried and took care of shuhua. "alright mom." minnie gave her another warm smile.

shuhua hugged both of them tightly before she left.

now she was on her way back home.

she saw how the road had little cracks in them now, and how the walls of some of the buildings had paint chipping off. the street light that was always broken had finally been fixed.