35

Tila tinarakan ng punyal ang dibdib ko nang marinig ko iyong sabihin niya. Hindi ko makita at marinig ang pagdadalawang isip niya. His eyes were empty. Empty of sympathy and empathy.

Of course. 

Kinurot ko ang sarili upang pigilan sa nagbabadyang inis at sakit na kumalat sa sistema ko. Bumalik ako sa pagkakaupo tsaka kinondisyon ang isip. I came here solely for the kids, I could set aside my personal affairs with him. 

"Fine. Let's get this over with," I introed. "I told Xanti about you and his sister already. I was planning to introduce you to him one of these days. Perhaps when Thorn's ready already. I could give you more time—"

"She knows. . ." pagpuputol niya.

"Huh?"

He let out a hasty breath. "She knows. Even before you did.  I cannot lie to Thorn. She observes everything. The dinner, she already knew that night."

My brows knitted. "S-She knew?"

You mean, may pinanggagalingan ang ekspresyon niya noon?

"She thought you already have a family. She doesn't know Lanxethiel is her twin brother," sabi niya.

Parang piniga ang puso ko nang maisip na nasaktan siya noon. Noong gabing iyon. That wasn't just a friendly pain.

"W-Was she hurt? Why didn't you tell her?"

"She was. But I told her you have your reasons. And about Lanxethiel, I'm not the one who has to explain about him."

Dinaga ang dibdib ko at kinabahan naman ako lalo. Agad nang pumasok ang iba't ibang posibilidad sa utak ko. 

"I-I don't know how to explain to her."

"Welcome to the bloody party. You're not alone," tugon naman nito.

"Unlike you, mas malaki ang kasalanan ko sa kaniya, sa kanila, Posadaz. Technically, isa ako sa mapait na nakaraan ng bata, Isa ako sa dahilan," untag ko.

"I'm not trying to compete who's who here. We're all fooled by your sister. We're both at fault here as well," aniya.

Napatitig naman ako sa seryoso niyang mukha. I cannot look directly in his eyes.

"How do you think should we do it?" I asked.

He shrugged his shoulders. "We'll fetch them up later. We still have an hour. For the time being, can I leave you here? I have important calls to handle."

Umiling ako tsaka tumayo. "I can meet you there."

"We'll go together."

"They don't have to see us together. I'll meet you there," pagmamatigas ko.

His brows furrowed. "We'll go together. End of discussion."

Umalis siya roon nang walang pasabi. Hindi ako kakapaniwalang napasunod sa kaniya. He left me there alone. Nonplussed in his office. I had goosebumps the way how my name flawlessly slipped from his mouth. How did he know my name?

I scoffed as my mouth parted in disbelief.  I was about to go out when a lady entered.

"Buongiorno, Signorina. We're requested to serve your lunch," pormal sa sabi niyo.

Napatingin ako sa tray na dala niya. I told him water could do. I stared at the tray and saw that there was a sticky note there.

Eat.
- P

Gusto kong matawa. Hindi ko alam kung siya ang nagsulat noon pero hindi na sana pa siya nagabalang magsayang ng papel. Aapat na letra, tinipid pa.