Chapter 18

It was been four months since that painful incident happened. Losing my child was still painful. However, the pain was already bearable. Unti-unti ko nang natatanggap ang pagkawala ng anak ko.

Nanonood ako ng balita sa TV at hindi na ako nagulat nang makita si Alessandro sa TV.

Buhat kasi noong sunod-sunod na pagkasunog ng pabrika ng mga alak ng mga Clemente, laging laman na ng balita si Alessandro. Pinaimbistigahan niya ang sunod-sunod na anumalya sa kanyang kompanya. At nalaman nila na ang nasa likod ng pangyayaring ito ay ang may-ari ng Chavez Brewery na si Gregorio Chavez- ang ama ni Hilary. Sinabing ang dahilan nila para gawin iyon ay para gipitin ang ka-kompetensiyang kompanya.

At simula noong nangyari sa amin ni Alessandro noong gabing iyon, hindi na siya nagpakita sa akin.

"Since the case was already solved Engineer Clemente, and the owner of the Chavez company which is Gregorio Chavez was already put in jail that urged them to close their company itself, how about your engagement with his daughter- Hilary Chavez? There's a rumor that you two are a good childhood friends or sweet hearts to be exact." The reporter asked.

Alessandro properly seated. I could say that after those three months, his physiques changed immediately. Parang napabayaan niya na ang sarili niya. Ang dating Alessandrong malinis ang mukha, ngayon ay may bigote na. Kita rin ang pagod sa mata nito. Nawala na ng kulay ang mukha niya pero hindi pa rin maitatangging gwapo pa rin ito. Siguro sadyang nabaguhan lang ako.

"I already settled my company and it wasn't already in vain. I am planning to move back to Ireland as soon as possible to create a new branch; not a brewery but a winery. And about my engagement with Hilary Chavez, it was already cancelled. Because at the first, I didn't know anything about it. It was planned by mom and Hilary's father. If I knew it at the very first time, I wouldn't agree with it."

Napalunok ako sa sinagot ni Alessandro.

He didn't know about that engagement?

Bumakas ang kursyusidad sa mukha ng reporter. "Many of us thought that you're her lover? Miss Hilary Chavez even said to an interview that you two are getting married not because of the sake of the company but because of the fact that you two are sweethearts since then up until now?"

The nerve of that Hilary...

"Well I have a girlfriend that time and that is not Hilary." Then suddenly, Alessandro looked at the camera. "If you're watching right now, please know that I am sorry..."

I tears formed into my eyes. I know that Alessandro was referring to me. And I could feel a sincerity on his voice.

As the process of healing continuously goes on, I slowly realized that it was sad without. Alessandro. But I know for the fact that he will move on. Pareho lang din kaming nasaktan. Tama lang ang desisyon ko na palayain siya dahil hanggang sa magkasama kami, the guiltiness was still there. He would continuously blame himself for losing our child on behalf of his mother.

I am hoping for a new beginning for him and for me. Darating ang panahon na wala nang galit, sakit at guilt sa puso namin.

A week after that interview, I found out that Alessandro already flee to Ireland.

Lumipas ang mga araw, buwan, at mga taon na doon na siya namalagi. Bumalik na rin kami sa kanya-kanyang buhay.

Ang mama at papa ko, magkasama pa rin. Habang si Kuya naman ay patuloy na tumatanggap ng mga malalaking mga projects na nagpaingay sa pangalan niya.

Kasal at may anak na rin siya kay Hanna- ang classmate at kaibigan ko noong college na minsan ding inimbitihan ko sa birthday ni Mama.

Masasabi ko nga'ng mapagbiro ang tadhana. My Kuya Miko's bossy attitude perfectly paired with Hanna's crazy tactics.