Figuring It Out

Edited:

"Hello?" I asked, walking into Professor Lupin's nearly empty room

"Hello?" I asked, walking into Professor Lupin's nearly empty room. As I looked around I saw the several skeletons and creatures that roamed about the room, causing me to smile slightly. 

"Marilyn, please do come in." I heard his voice say. I looked around on confusion, only to see him hovering over me and scrapping at something against the wall.

"Clever friends you've made. Sticking homework to the ceiling so they wouldn't have to do it, those twins." I sighed and set my bag on the ground and turned back to Lupin.

"I'm sorry about them." I waved my hand and Lupin and I watched as it ripped from the ceiling and fell into the nearest trashcan.

"No worries, they remind me of two people I used to hold very dear. I'm afraid if your boys are anything like mine then you'll have to get used to apologizing for them." We both chuckled and Lupin fully lowered himself down.

"What did you want to see me about?" I asked.

"I've been spending so much time getting to know Harry, I haven't even asked about you. A new student at a new school with no memory of having magic in the first place. It must be difficult." He said gently.

"I suppose. But, I have great friends who help me through anything difficult." I shrugged.

"You're gifted with your wandless magic. How did you come to learn that you could do it?" He asked, sitting on an empty school desk.

I looked down, trying to remember. Only bits and pieces of the memory flashed in my mind.

"I think I was helping someone..I'm not sure why or who it was...but I think I did something that I had never done before. That was the first time." A dull pain began to form just behind my eyes.

"Was this before your accident?" He asked again.

"I think so..I think right before. The next time I realized I was in the hospital and wanted a drink of water and it appeared in my hand the next second." I shrugged.

"You're a very smart witch, Marilyn-"

"Marley, please. I hate my full name." I cringed. He simply chuckled and nodded.

"Marley, you're talented. And I think a talent like yours should be nurtured and cared for." He added in.

"Okay.." I said slowly, not really understanding his point.

"I'm sure there is more you can do with your powers then scrap paper off the ceiling and pull pranks with your friends. I'm hoping you'll let me aid you in discovering these powers." I nodded excitedly.

Lupin smiled in return and began leading me to his office.

"You know, you remind me of someone. Someone who I thought highly of out of everyone. She was a beautiful soul, inside and out and I can't look at you without seeing her." Professor Lupin said, putting a big book on his desk before opening it.

Inside were several pictures of who I assumed was Professor Lupin and his time at Hogwarts. Although, there was a picture in particular with a woman with red hair wrapping her arms around a figure, only this figure was blurred out so I couldn't see.

This wasn't the only picture. There were more group photos where a small blurry figure would be joining in on the fun.

"I think something's wrong with your photos, Professor." Professor Lupin chuckled before shaking his head.

"No, for classified reasons, I had to blur her out of the photos. Only for a little while. It was per her request." I frowned and ran my hand over the blurred figure.

"Did you love her, Professor?" I asked.

"Everyone loved her, Marilyn. She was hard not to fall in love with. I wouldn't be the man I am today without her." I watched as his face contorted with sadness as he examined the blurred lady.

"Where is she now?" I asked, hesitancy filling my voice because I didn't want to insult him.

"She's gone, Marley. She was a hero that was too broken to save anyone anymore." My heart ached for the Professor in front of me. I wanted nothing more then to help the poor man.

"So..when do you want to start lessons?" I asked. Professor Lupin merely laughed.

***

His eyes were closed and his face was pale. The usual smirk and beautiful tan that were the trademark of B.... h....., were now faded.

"Please..." I cried, touching his face gently.

"B...., please wake up." I begged. Reaching forward, bringing him into my arms tightly. .....'s body didn't change.

I shot up in my bed with a gasp. Within seconds I felt the sweat drip down my forward, mixed together with the tears.

"Marley?" I heard Angelina's soft voice call. My lip quivered as I looked down, clutching the necklace in my hand.

"Y-yeah.." I said shakily.

"Do you want me to get Hermione." I squeezed my eyes shut and nodded harsh enough for her to see. The creak sound of Angelina's bed signaled that she had got up.

The memory of the nightmare still hovered in my brain. The fact that I didn't know why I was dreaming that or who this person was to me made me even more scared. An empty feeling filled my chest. How could you miss someone you've never even met? 

I brought my knees to my chest and hugged them tightly. Seconds later, I heard the door open again and soft patter of footsteps entered in.

"Marley, it's me." Hermione said. Without hesitation, I grabbed her and pulled her into bed with me.

Hermione sighed deeply and held me close as the sobs finally left my chest. I knew I shouldn't be putting this weight on the little girl I was supposed to be protecting, but she was family, everyone who I was friends with was already family to me. 

But, Hermione didn't seem to care. She simply held me close and whispered words of reassurance every once in a while until we fell asleep in my bed for the night.

What do you guys think of the chapter so far? More details? More fred or cedric scenes? Let me know:) I can go back and edit any time.