The Third Task

The New Generation.

The New Generation is a group of children sired from the traveler and trained and assigned to the realm they were born in. Each child holds a special ability and is thus called the New Generation. These children are not to be

A loud roar of cheers pulled me from the crowd and interrupted my thoughts. I don't remember coming out to the stadium or even leaving the castle. All I know is that right here, right now, it was the third task.

No one felt the fear in their chest as I had, no one knew the dangers that lay ahead. But, then again, I didn't even know. Did I save Cedric by getting chosen for the games, or did I send someone else in his place?

The faces seemed blurred now. Like, I hadn't actually been here and I was still in bed. I only saw three people. Cedric, who was in the stands, my last name across his cheek while he wore my Quidditch jersey.

Fred, whose face was black, stared at me as if he knew exactly what I had been feeling.

And Harry who was already looking at me. His face seemed younger than it actually was. He was begging me for answers that I didn't have. I knew that there would be some moments where I couldn't protect him.

But I sure as hell would die trying.

"Champions, gather round!" Dumbledore said, gesturing for all of us to join. When we did, he huddled us down together as if he were making a game plan in football.

"In the maze, you'll find no dragons or creatures of the deep. Instead, you'll face something even more challenging. You see, people change in the maze.." As he said that, I watched as Krum looked at me, gulping as he did.

"Oh, find the cup if you can. But, be very wary you could just lose yourself along the way." Harry looked at me, his eyes wider than they had been before.

"Marley?"

"It's okay, Harry," I assured with a smile. We both walked away but I kept my eyes on him, turning away only once to see the path I was doomed to walk into. I looked back and was met with the familiar eyes I had turned to several times before.

He knew what I was thinking. I was terrified and the look in my eyes told him that. He simply mouthed:

"I know." And the loud cannons went off overhead, sending us all in. My eyes followed Harry all the way as I walked, watching him until I could not see him any longer. When he was gone, I looked back and saw the bushes closing behind me.

I took a deep breath and turned around, the eerie feeling filling my body once again.

I did not like to claim that I needed to rely on anyone, nor did I want to like I needed anyone's help, but as I heard a dark laugh echo throughout the night I realized just how much I wanted my mom.

My legs pulled me through the maze, taking my time to avoid running into the others. A flash ahead of me made me stop. It looked as if someone ran towards a path ahead of me. So, I decided to follow, praying that it was Harry.

A gust of wind blew through my hair, causing it to blow into my face. It looked silver when it came into view but when I grabbed it, it hadn't changed.

I'm not sure what came over me but I suddenly started running. I darted around the corners and spontaneously went left and then right until I stopped suddenly, coming at a four-way path. Just then, a shriek erupted in the maze.

"Fleur.." I gasped, turning to my left to where the sound came from. If I heard it, then the others did too. That meant Harry heard it. I bolted in that direction, the fire coursing through my legs as my feet violently hit the dirt path.

A blue spark was shot up into the sky and I knew.

"Hary!" I yelled, running faster than I knew I ever could. The wind blew harder and I watched as the bushed above me started to close in.

"No, No, No!" I cried, using my last bit of energy to try and beat the closing. There was maybe half a foot of space left into the closing before I finally pushed through. But, when I came through the other side it was as if I was someone completely different.

Because now standing in front of me was Krum with his back to me, his arm raised and a terrified Harry looking at me past the boy.

"Get down!" I yelled. Harry ducked and Krum jerked in my direction, getting hit with a blast of light before he could even raise a wand. I leaped forward, pushing the wand from his hand before raising a fist.

I couldn't see anything. My vision was blurred and the only thing I could see was a screen of red shielding my vision.

"Stop!" A mumbled voice said, grabbing my hand.

"Stop!" They yelled again, letting go of my hand just to grab it again, "He's bewitched!" I heard his voice again. Quickly, I stood up and turned to see Harry looking at me fearfully.

"I'm sorry, Harry. I don't know what-"

"It's the games, Marely." He said softly. I swallowed to get the dry feeling out of my mouth and watched as the bushes far behind Harry began to blow harshly.

"Harry?" I asked, watching as the young boy turned to see what was happening. Before long, the bushes started moving in closer.

"Run!" He yelled, yanking me by the hand and pulling me towards the opposite side of the path. I turned around again as we ran and watched the bushes growing closer and closer.

"Look!" Harry yelled, pointing to the glowing light ahead of us.

"It's the cup!" I yelled back. But, suddenly I was ripped from Harry's grasp and flung onto the ground.

"Marely!" Harry exclaimed, taking a step for me.

"Go!" I yelled, feeling the vines claw at my wrists, tugging them behind my back.

"I won't leave you!"

"Harry, Go, Now!" The scream was cut off from my throat as the vine wrapped around it, pulling me into the bushes beside me. Harry looked troubled, looking from me to the cup and then back to me.

I tried to tell him to go once more but the vines began wrapping even tighter around me. Harry began coughing as well, holding his neck as he searched his pocket for the wand. A bright light blinded me and the air was thrown back into my lungs.

"Come on!" Harry and I coughed at the same time as we rushed towards the cup.

"Together?" Harry asked, grabbing my hand in question.

"Forever," I said back with a smile, reaching forward and grabbing onto the cup just as Harry did. As we did, I felt the wind get knocked out of me while I hit the ground.

"Doesn't feel as good as flying, does it?" Harry teased, offering a hand to help me up.

"Where are we?" I asked. We both walked around what we learned was a graveyard. Fog danced around my legs as I walked and I couldn't help but feel uneasy at my knowing feeling.

"Marley? Harry?" A voice asked. When I turned around I saw him.

"Cedric?"