Have a good holiday

A ringing filled my ears as soft whispers traveled around them.

"She'll have plenty of time to heal before the next task." A voice assured.

"She's just a kid. You could at least take her out. She can't handle it. Neither can the boy." Another whispered.

"They were born to handle a lot worse than this." The same voice whispered.

"I can handle it." I managed to get out, slowly opening my eyes.

"What?" As my eyes adjusted I saw Cedric standing up and looking at me. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and looked around.

"Who were you just talking to?" I asked. His face mimicked mine as he also looked around.

"I wasn't talking to anyone. I'm the only one here." Cedric replied.

"Oh.." I said slowly. I looked down at my body, my one arm had a cast and my leg on the same side had a wrap on it.

"Damage report."

"You have a broken arm, bad burn on your leg, a black eye, a couple broken fingers and a few broken ribs. " I simply nodded.

Slowly, I moved my body to the side, slowly throwing my legs over the bed.

"Woah, slow down. You don't have to leave for a couple more days." Cedric said, trying to hold me back.

"I have to check on Harry." I said, shaking my head. Cedric chuckled and sat me back down.

"Harry's fine. He's just a broken arm too but he'll be fine too."

"Ah, Miss Rowen. You're awake..and trying to stand." Miss Pomfrey said as she entered the room.

"Yeah, I want to be discharged." I said quickly. She quirked an eyebrow and then looked at Cedric.

"I mean, if you want to. I don't advise it though, my dear."

"I'll watch her." Cedric smiled. She nodded and walked away again to grab my clothes.

"How did you do it?" Cedric asked. I looked up at him in question.

"Distract her, I mean. How did you know what would distract her completely?" I hesitated.

"I knew she was a female, I spend a lot of time with the Weasley's so I know about breeding from Charlie and knew that they take their babies away for training early on so I just put two and two together." I shrugged.

That seemed to appease Cedric because he simply nodded.

Slowly, I began to sit up, my body aching at every possible movement.

"Here-"

"I got it, Teddy." I said, holding my hand out to stop him. Cedric took a step back but kept his hands out, just in case I fell.

"Ready?" He asked. I looked up at him and smiled.

"Ready." I assured.

***

"Let me leave." I mumbled.

"Just stop." Hermione smiled. I looked over at the professor and the old janitor who messed with the record player.

"Just tell them I ripped my stitches." I sighed. Hermione scoffed playfully and gently grabbed my hand in hers.

"You could've died in the first task. You should appreciate a little fun." She said, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, well, being Harry Potter's emergency contact has kept me on death row for a while now." We both laughed and turned as McGonagall spoke.

"The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the...."

"Tri-Wizard tournament since its inception. On Christmas Eve night, the host school and our guests gather in the great hall for a night of mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school I expect each and every one of you put on your best foot forward. And I mean this literally, because the Yule Ball is, first and foremost, a dance." She finished.

"Yep, that's it." I smacked my hands on my knees and began to stand before Hermione yanked me back down.

"Oh! Isn't this exciting!" She beamed.

"Not really." I huffed.

"Mar, come on." She pleaded. I looked in between her begging eyes and finally let a smile loose.

"Fine. BUT, only if you go with Krum." I chuckled. Her eyes went wide and she let go of me, sitting completely straight in her chair.

"Why?"

"Because I need the drama." I laughed. She turned to say something before a flash of red caught the corner of my eye.

I looked up and saw Ron dancing with McGonagall.

"Oh, my god." I gasped, covering my mouth. When Hermione turned to see the fuss, she covered her face to hide the laugh.

"Now! Everybody join!"

I rushed to grab Harry but someone grabbed my waist and pulled me away. Harry and I gave each other a Sorry look before I turned to see my assailant.

"Freddie." I sighed. He sent a small smile and placed both of his hands on my waist.

"How are you feeling, Bobby?" He asked, gabbing my hand and spinning me around.

I chuckled slightly before coming back to his chest.

"Better now. The painkillers the doctors gave me are wonders." I sighed. He smiled and looked over at Harry and Eloise who were dancing together.

"You two could be twins with your matching cheek cuts." He chuckled. I instinctively pulled my hand to my face but Fred grabbed it.

"Stop, It's cute." He said, his smile widening. I raised an eyebrow and looked at him.

"Cute?" He rolled his eyes and spun me around again.

"It's gross. Is that better?" We both chuckled before I nodded.

"Hey...I never got to thank you for the hint at the task." I said softly, making sure no one was listening.

"I didn't do anything." He shrugged, "You already knew what to do. I knew you'd be scared and forget so I just reminded you. That's all." Fred shrugged.

It was silent as we swayed to the music, we could hear the laughter and chatter from the other students around us.

My head turned and I saw McGonagall looking right at me.

Smiling.

I smiled back and turned to Fred.

"So...what are we doing for Christmas this year? I think we should do spin the bottle prank challenge." Fred said, laughing softly.

I frowned slightly before looking at our intertwined hands.

"Actually, Cedric and Amos want me to come to their house for break. After The Rowens of course.." Fred let go of my hand and took a step back.

"What?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowed as he stared down at me.

"Look, he's my boyfriend now, so-"

"We've been planning this for months, Marley. Mum and dad are already prepared for you to stay." He scoffed.

"I know, and I planned on telling them."

"I'm your best friend, Marley. I already- you know what. Fine. Have a good holiday." Fred walked away, despite my calls and burst through the doors.