Play With Fire

"Hello, Marilyn

"Hello, Marilyn." Fred greeted sourly. I rolled my eyes and made my way towards the boys.

"You guys can't be upset with me forever. I'm going to the burrow for the remaining weeks, aren't I?" I questioned, placing my hands on my hips.

They both shared a look before slightly smiling.

"I suppose." George said.

"Okay, well, stop being babies and let me do your face paint."

"George, can you help me with something?" Ginny asked.

"Uh, yeah. Bobby, start with Fred, I'll be right back." I simply nodded and brought a chair over to Fred before sitting in front of him.

His face was still plain as he looked at me. I could tell he was still upset.

"You hate me. I don't understand why you even care if I sleep at Cedric's tonight." I began to paint the green and white on his face as I spoke.

"I don't hate you...I just don't particularly like you." Fred said softly. I simply chuckled and shook my head.

"Is that why you didn't read my letters? Or respond?" I questioned. Fred was silent for a moment. But, silence so thick it made me stop painting his face and look at him.

He simply looked at my eyes with his signature grin that always laid there.

"No." He simply said.

I raised an eyebrow and leaned back slightly.

"No?"

"No." He said firmly. Hesitantly, I began painting again and we sat in silence for another couple minutes.

"What were you gonna tell me at our place last year? Before Harry called for you?"

Our place.

"I don't remember." I lied.

I decided it wasn't entirely safe to tell anyone about my past or what I am. Last time, I told someone and it didn't do anything but cause harm.

"Stop doing that." Fred said, grabbing my attention. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion once more.

"Do what?"

"Play with your bracelet. You do it every time you're upset." I looked down at my hand and noticed I had stopped painting his face and had begun playing with the bracelet.

"You watch me often then?" I questioned, quirking an eyebrow.

He rolled his eyes with a slight chuckle.

"I watch everyone. I have to pick out my next prank victim so it's my job." I let out a laugh, causing him to laugh as well.

"Will you tell me sometime about what you were gonna tell me by the tree?" He questioned again.

I hesitated.

"Maybe." I sighed.

"Okay, okay. My turn." George said, coming up behind us.

***

"Blimey dad, how far up are we?!" Ron asked excitedly. I giggled from atop of George's back and looked over at the boy.

However, the happiness was short lived when I heard a nasty voice from below.

"Think of it this way. If it rains, you'll be the first to know." The man spit. Now, I hadn't known much about the Malfoy's. George slowly put me down so I could better.

Draco isn't in my year so I've never had to associate with him but by the comments I hear from my friends, he can't be good.

"Ah, you must be Marilyn. I've been wondering when you'd show up." The man said. Two people instantly stepped in front of me, blocking Lucius from seeing me and I seeing him.

"Mhm, I see you do have something in common with your father. You like to run with dogs." I furrowed my eyebrows in anger and pushed through the boys.

"St-"

A hand covered my mouth harshly and held me against their chest tightly. So the word must be going around that Remus is supposedly my father.

I bet I had Snape to thank for that, considering he wasn't there for the heart to heart about Remus not being the father.

Lucius only looked at me with a snicker and turned towards Harry.

"Do enjoy yourself. While you can." He spat. They walked off quickly before pulling me back towards the stairs once again.

"You should really learn how to control you temper." Fred muttered in my ear. I rolled my eyes and shove him away before rushing forward to go where Cedric was at.

****

"Did you see how Krum faked the other seeker like that?! It was amazing!" I gasped, jumping and landing with my back to the bed.

Cedric chuckled lowly and shook his head before beginning to wipe the paint from his face.

"What's on your mind?" I asked, sitting up to look at my best friend.

"Just...thinking. It doesn't matter." I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and looked at him.

"Ced-"

"I'm gonna head to bed. Goodnight." Cedric softly kissed my head before going into the next room.

The frown on my face only deepened as I watched his body depart from the room, taking my smile with him.

Before I knew it, my body stood up and made its way towards the outside of the tent. Still, the people were dancing and celebrating as they threw streamers in the air.

Men in masks set fire to the tents and attacked witches and wizards as they passed through. There was destruction everywhere.

I stopped in my tracks and felt goosebumps run up my spine and to the top of my neck.

I looked around but nothing was wrong. Everyone still had smiles on their faces and laughter filled the grounds. I began walking towards the Weasley tent. I didn't know why, but I just knew I needed to be there.

I was two steps away.

I only had two more steps.

Then I heard the screams.