Dragons

"No, that would be pointless." I said, shaking my head and crumbling a paper up.

"How?!" George asked, baffled that I didn't think he was a genius.

"I don't think that making a potion that makes you skip for 24hours constitutes as a star item." I chuckled lightly.

"But you thought the repeating fart chocolates were the winners?" I laughed loudly and smacked my knee.

"She thinks it's funny." George says, turning to Fred with wide eyes. Fred refrained from letting a smile seep through but failed as he stared into his twins surprised eyes.

"I think we could make it work, George." Fred said, slightly chuckling between his words.

"See? Someone smart." I said, wiping the tears off my eyes. Fred looked at me and winked before turning to something behind me, clenching his jaw.

I furrowed the eyebrows in confusion and looked behind me to see Cedric coming this way. I smiled brightly and stood up.

"Teddy-"

"What the hell, Weasley?" He spit. My jaw shot open and I rushed to stand in front of him.

"What are you going on about, Diggory?" Fred asked, standing up as well.

"Having late night talks with my girlfriend? I thought we were mates?" Cedric growled, holding a newspaper in his hand.

"Cedric! What are you talking about?" I asked. Cedric looked at me and the look he sent made me take a step back.

"Like you don't already know? Glad to know all that talk of the right choice was shit." Cedric threw the paper at my feet and stormed off.

"Cedric-" As I tried to rush after him, I was held back.

"He isn't worth it." Fred sighed. I scoffed and ripped away from his grasp before picking the paper up. On the front page was a picture of Fred and I at our tree, his hands in mine.

I sighed and closed my eyes, feeling the guilt rush through my body. He didn't know the whole story. Of course he didn't because I didn't tell him about my condition.

"Starstruck lovers have a private meeting right before The first match." I repeat.

"Blood sucker." Fred spits, grabbing the paper and looking at it as well.

"Damn.." I groaned, placing a hand on my forehead.

"Don't worry, Bobby. He'll come around." George said, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Bobby!" Someone yelled. I turned my head and saw Angelina on top of the hill.

"You've got a letter." I nodded and turned to the boys.

"I'll see you two dimwits later." I sighed. They both waved and I rushed up to meet with Angelina.

"So..." she began. I sent her a questioning look before she smirked.

"You and Fred?" I scoffed and shoved her.

"As if." I snorted. She laughed and handed me a letter.

Dear Marley.

What the bloody hell were you thinking? Your mother would slap you if she were here. You need to be more careful. Anyways, I love you and miss you. How's school? I hope everything is going good. Please send me letters more often. The house is quiet without your loud snoring. Be safe and send me a letter if you need a question. I love you.

-Dad, Remus.

***

My eyes were closed as I let the sun beam down on my face. The birds chirping and the kids laughing filled my ears. I was making sure I remembered this in case everything goes bad at the first task.

"Marley?" A small voice called. I opened one eye and looked at the voice. I sighed and turned my head and closed my eye again.

"Come to accuse me of cheating again? Maybe it was Snape this time." I shrugged.

"Marley, come on." He mumbled. I groaned and stood up, walking somewhere secluded with him.

"Look, I came to apologise." He said slowly, placing his hands in his pockets. I squinted my eyes and looked at him.

When he looked at me he sent me a boyish grin.

"I guess I forgot that she likes to lie in her newspaper and that you'd never be with Fred." He chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck.

"And?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest, He rolled his eyes playfully and smiled.

"That you'd never cheat on me.."

"Good." I said, finally letting the smile appear on my face. Cedric took a step closer, reaching up his hand to gently touch my cheek as he leaned in.

His lips brushed mine right before-

"Uh, Marley?" Someone called. I pulled away with a sigh and turned to see Harry.

"Oh, hello, Harry." I smiled, Harry looked between Cedric and I nervously as he fiddled with his fingers.

"Harry?" I asked again.

"The first task.." he began, "dragons." My heart dropped and I looked over at Cedric.

"Dragons?" I repeated.

"Can they even do that?" Cedric asked.

"Yes." He whispered. I brought my hands up to rub my face before grabbing onto Harry and bringing him in for a hug.

"We're going to be okay, Harry. We'll figure this out." I assured.

"I hope so." Harry sighed.

"Cedric and I will find some books on what to do and I'll show them to you when we're done." I nodded. Harry returned the nod and turned to walk away but I grabbed him again.

"Harry." I called. Harry turned to face me once again, the look of fear and worry still not off his face.

"You're my little brother, okay? I love you and I won't let anything happen to you." I said, looking in between his eyes.

Harry hesitated before pulling me in for another hug.

"I love you too, Mar." He breathed. Then, we pulled apart and he walked away.

"Okay, let's go." Cedric nodded and took my hand before we rushed off.