Birthday Bash

"You guys didn't have to do this." I said, almost crying.

"Well, you said you'd never had a birthday party before, that you remembered, so we thought we'd throw you a big one to make up for it." The tears formed in my eyes and I ran to hug my friends.

"Thank you guys so much." I said happily. We all pulled away and music began. Harry pulled me into him and spun me around as we jumped on the ground.

Anyone who wasn't dancing was clapping along to the song, staring at Harry and I lovingly. I laughed loudly at how terrible a dancer Harry was, but was grabbed by another person.

It was George. We jumped around and then he picked me up and twirled me around. I looked over and saw Hermione and Ron dancing and Harry dancing with Ginny.

I giggled and was spun into Fred. He took a step back and bowed and I smiled before curtsying and going into his arms.

We jumped around and I began to feel almost overhwhelmed at the amount of attention I was receiving.

"I don't know half of these people." I laughed.  Fred stopped jumping and sent a smile that made the hair on the back of my neck stand up, allowing the tall boy to bring me into his chest as we slow danced to the fast paced music.

"Bill, my older brother, some of his friends, Charlie my other brother, You know Cedric Diggory.." Fred rolled his eyes playfully before speaking again, "And some mutual friends from school." I saw Neville, Seamus, and some other people in the crowd.

I waved at them to come dance and Neville shook his head.

"I'll be back." I told Fred. I let go off him and ran over to Neville.

"Come on, Marley , please." I shook my head and pulled him into the dance floor. He laughed and we spun around like I had done before.

"Terrific dancer Neville!" He looked down shyly and I pulled his face up.

"Smile it's a party!!" He laughed and jumped around with me.

"I'm going to bring more people in." He nodded and let me go to go dance somewhere else. I walked over to a random boy, Bill I think and pulled him in.

"Hi, I'm Marley. Nice to meet you." He laughed and spun me around.

"Welcome to the family." He said. I instantly began to smile at his words, thankful that the Weasley's had seen someone like me, a loner and a stranger and allowed her to become a part of their lives. I looked over at a few more people and rushed to them and brought them in.

"Cedric, is it?" He laughed shook his head.

"Marley, isn't it?" Cedric teased back.

"Let's dance, Ceddie." He shook his head with a laugh and followed me in. He spun me in a circle and suddenly I was in the middle of a large circle that danced around me.

I didn't let that stop me and I continued dancing happily. I looked around the circle and saw Fred with his hands linked with Ginny and Ron. I waved him to come in and he rolled his eyes playfully before nodding and coming to dance with me.

I intertwined my hands with his and smiled.

He lifted me up and slowly pulled me down while I placed his forehead on mine. I looked over and caught Ron's eye. His eyes never left Hermione's face and I smiled To myself.

"I'm hungry." I shouted suddenly. He laughed and nodded. We ran toward the food hand in hand and ducked under intertwined hands to do so.

When I looked back everyone broke the circle and began dancing with each other. I grabbed a sandwich and took a bite.

Fred was looking at me with a smile and grabbed a sandwich also.

"You're missing something." Fred said. He grabbed a flower crown from the table and placed it over my head.

I smiled and he grabbed a microphone.

"Okay, okay. You lot can finish dancing once you come outside for the last surprise of the night." He said loudly. Everyone stopped and looked at him.

He looked at me with a smile before grabbing my hand and running outside with me.

"Stay here." He said. Him and George ran around the tent and Hermione, Ron and Harry came over and hugged me.

The twins go flying with their brooms in the air while they set off fireworks. I gasped and watched the beautiful light above me.

A big crown formed in the sky and the words Happy Birthday. I smiled widely and clapped my hands along with everyone else.

"Happy birthday, Mar." Harry said. I smiled and laid my head on his shoulder while the fireworks continued. For once in this lifetime I didn't feel lonely or like I had been missing something. It almost felt like everything in the past had vanished and I was simply Marley.

This was truly going to be the best night of my life.

The boys came back down and Fred met me back again.

"Marley!" Someone called. I turned over and saw Molly waving me over. I rushed over with Fred and felt Molly grab my shoulders gently.

"It's time for presents." She whispered.

"But you guys have already done so much I can't possibly-"

"Oh hush now, dear." She sat. Molly sat me down on a chair and I watched everyone surround me.

"This one is from Arthur and I." She handed me two boxes. I opened one and saw a M stitched onto a beautiful sweater. The other box had a rubber duck in it. He was dressed as a spy in a reference to a muggle movie Arthur and I watched together.

I gasped and held them to my chest.

"You found one?! Oh, thank you, Arthur. Thank you, Molly for the sweater I'll wear it all the time in the winter.

She smiled and kissed my head.

"Open mine later." Cedric whispered. I laughed and nodded to him.

I had gotten a new broom from Harry, a book I had been wanting from Hermione, a coupon for a free smack from Ron, and a guide of pranks from Sirius. Something that Remus had tried to take away but Sirius wouldn't let him.

After a few more hours of party and fun, everyone had left and wished me a happy birthday. Harry and Hermione stayed over because they couldn't go back home, it would be useless, they have to come back for the new school year anyways.

After a few more hours of dancing and laughing with friends, everyone began to file out. I kicked out the Weasley family so I could clean after they set everything up for me. Of course, Cedric offered to stay as well and help me.

"Can I open yours now?" I asked as he cleaned the food table with me. He nodded and handed me a small box, looking away with a bright smile to seem nonchalant.

When I opened the paper, I saw a small notebook inside.

"You're always thinking so I figured maybe you could write your thoughts in there? Any memories or dreams? Someday I could read it." He said softly.

I smiled as I gently touched the leather.

I turned to Cedric once again and saw his eyes already places on me. His grey eyes seemed troubled, as if he was expecting an answer from me. Slowly, he began to lean in and I found myself doing the same.

"Hey..." A voice said, causing us to pull apart. When I looked over, I saw Fred place something in his back pocket before holding up the trash bag in the other.

"Mum said you might need this." He muttered, dropping the bag before turning around and stomping into the house. I frowned as I watched him, feeling like there was nothing I could ever do to Fred to make him happy anymore.