The First Task

"This actually looks pretty cute." I smiled, looking into the mirror at my outfit.

"You look like a warrior." Fleur says, finishing the last pin on my hair. Fleur offerer to do my hair since my mother never really taught me how.

She decided to do a braided crown that ran along my head.

"You do too. I love your school colors." I beamed.

"Maybe you could transfer." Fleur shrugged.

"Cedric would kill me." I laughed.

"And me." Harry said. I looked at him from the mirror and smiled brighter.

"You look so much older." I gasped, turning and looking over his outfit.

"You need a haircut too." I said, crinkling my nose, messing around with his hair. He sighed and moved my hands away.

"Maybe after all of this is over." He chuckled. We turned towards the door as the fanfare around us began playing loudly.

"Better prepare yourself." I said to him, nodding. He nodded as well and began to pace.

"Marley?" I heard someone call. When I turned I saw Cedric peaking from the doorway. I sighed in relief and rushed to him, grabbing him in a hug.

"It's okay." He assured. "You're going to do great."

"I hope so." I breathed out. Cedric pulled away and leaned his forehead on mine.

"Here. I want you to have this." He said quickly. I pulled away and watched as he pulled something from his finger.

"Cedric." I said, watching as he placed his class ring into my hand.

"For goodluck." He shrugged. I chuckled and placed my lips on his.

A flash made us pull away and I looked over at the culprits. 

Rita and her right hand man.

"I see we've made up." She beamed. My jaw clenched and I glared at her.

She took a step closer and looked Cedric up and down.

"I can see why." She winked. The blood rushed through my body and I ripped the camera away from her right hand.

I held it up, making it levitate before tossing it across the tent, hearing it shatter.

She gasped and rushed to grab it.

"You little monster." She cursed, I simply chuckled and turned to see Dumbledore walking into the room.

"Gather round, champions." Cedric and I walked over hand in hand to get in a circle.

"Now you've waited, you've wondered. The moment has arrived only four of you can fully appreciate.." Dumbledore looked around at all of us before catching eyes with Hermione and Cedric,

"What are you two doing here?"

"Sorry, we'll leave." Cedric said, he gave me a look before leading Hermione out of the tent.

"Mr. Crouch, the bag."

"Champions, gather in the circle around. Miss Delacour, Mr, Krum.. Mr. Potter, over here."

"Now, Miss Delacour, if you will." I watched her hesitantly put her hand into the bag before, retracting it slightly when something bit her before she fully pulled her hand out, revealing a smaller dragon.

"The Welsh green."

"The Chinese Fireball." Crouch said as Viktor pulled out the dragon. Then, he walked over to me. I looked at Harry and smiled.

"Miss Rowen." Slowly, I put my hand into the bag and  felt around before I pulled out a dragon. I frowned.

It wasn't the Horntail..

"The Swedish Shortsnout."

"Which leaves..." Crouch began.

"The horntail.." Harry whispered.

"What was that, boy?"

"Nothing." Harry reached into the bag and pulled out the final dragon.

"The Hungarian Horn tail." Harry looked at me and I sent a reassuring smile.

"These represent four very real dragons. Each of which has been given a golden egg to protect. Your objective is simple: Collect the egg. Inside these eggs  contains a clue, without which you cannot hope to proceed to the next task.  Any questions?" I grabbed onto Harry's hand as we all placed our dragons back into the bag.

"Very well good luck, Miss Lupin, at the sound of the cannon-" Dumbledore was cut off as the cannon shot through the air.

My heart beat quickly and I took a deep breath, closing my eyes.

I turned to Harry.

"Good luck, Harry."

"Good luck, Mar." I went towards the opening of the tent and heard the crowd cheering my name. But not my full name.

"Bobby! Bobby! Bobby!" They yelled. This was surely The twins fault.

Slowly, I stepped out and let the bright light shine into my eyes. I saw the dragon laying peacefully by the egg, sleeping almost.

"Oh, please." I scoffed. Cautiously, I took a step closer. But my foot kicked a rock, alerting the dragon. She shot up her head and screeched at me.

I rushed behind a rock just as she let out a stream of fire. I let out a cry and looked down at my leg, a patch of fire died down to reveal a deep burn.

I laid my head on a rock and hissed slightly.

Then, I moved to the other side of the rock and into the audience.

"Come on, Bobby!" I saw the twins yell loudly. I nodded and turned towards the dragon.

"Obscuro!" A blindfold appeared onto the dragons face, causing it to screech and swing its head from side to side, trying to get the thing off.

I rushed forward, towards the egg. The dragons tail swung and grabbed me by the gut before lifting me into the air, towards the crowd.

"Well, grab the Damn egg, Bobby." Seamus said loudly.

"Yeah, I'm working on it." I hissed. The dragon swung her tail again and against a rock. I groaned in pain and held my arm gently.

The dragon used her claws and began to take off the blindfold off.

I only had a couple minutes to grab it.

"Bobby!" Someone yelled, I looked over and saw Fred waving his arms at me. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion before I saw him point to his head.

I know what he wants me to do.

I quickly ran back to the dragon and jumped onto her wing before climbing onto her back. Then, her neck before I finally got close enough to her head.

She felt me on her and began swinging her head around again.

"Oh, shut up!" I yelled, smacking my hand on top of her head. The dragon went silent and I did too.

I shot my hand out and turned the rock into a small shortsnout.

The dragon stopped fussing and looked at it. She took off running, flinging me off of her back and towards the ground.

As I hit the ground I groaned harshly and turned my head, seeing the egg. As quick as I could, I began crawling towards the egg.

Just before I touched it, I looked over at the dragon. She was rubbing the fake shortsnout lovingly. Guilt rushed through my body as I looked at them.

But I kept crawling and grabbed the egg, ending my round.

Everyone cheered loudly and the fanfare began playing just as loud.

I turned on my back and held the egg closely, squeezing my eyes shut in pain.

I felt someone grab onto me just before everything went dark.