The Gifting

I wrote this in my notes so uhm— I will update a lot at once

Donatello was in his lab building a nice gift for April. He sat there and thought about what she would like, slowly adding the finishing touches. He added glitter hearts all over the music box, and painted it pink. He stuck his tongue out subconsciously, letting out a "hmm..." as he continued to think about what he could add to it. He couldn't think of anything else, so he called it a day, getting up and admiring his new creation. He was proud of it and hoped April would love it too. He picked it up carefully, not wanting to damage it. He wanted everything to be perfect. He strolled into the living room where April was. She was watching TV, sitting cross legged. Her eyes met with his and he felt his stomach flutter with emotions. He wobbled to the couch and smiled goofily. "I-I made this for you, April. I hope you like it." He chuckled, handing her the well decorated music box. He smiled, staring at her face that did not look amused. She wasn't mad or anything. She just... didn't look happy. "Is.. is there something wrong?" Donnie asked, beginning to panic. He hoped she wasn't upset. She smiled awkwardly. "Oh no, no, no. Of course not. It's amazing as always, Donnie." She giggled, getting up and walking away. "I'll just... be... uh- in the kitchen. Getting... snacks." She excused herself. "Does he ever know when to stop?" She whispered to herself, venturing to the kitchen and sitting at the dinner table. Donnie had heard what she said, and was in disbelief. "Oh.." he mumbled, frowning and drooping his head down sadly.

Casey was peaking his head from behind a pillar, listening to the whole conversation. Even though he and Donatello had a rivalry, he honestly felt really bad for him. He knew exactly how he felt, because April was the same way towards him. He slowly revealed himself and approached Donnie who was frozen in place, not knowing how to act. He was devastated. Casey placed a hand on his shoulder, startling Donnie unintentionally. He let out a yelp, turning around and meeting Casey's gaze. "Casey? What the heck are you doing here?!" He shouted, pushing his hand away. Casey frowned, looking Donatello in the eyes. "Dude, I heard everything. That was so uncalled for." He sighed. Donnie slowly backed away. "Yeah..." he muttered sadly, clenching his fists as he tried not to cry. Casey did the unthinkable. He sped-walked to Donnie and wrapped his arms around his neck, pulling him into a tight embrace. "Casey—?" "Hush, gap tooth. I'm doing you a favor." He laughed softly. Donnie slouched his arms and melted into the hug, beginning to cry lightly.

Casey heard his soft cries. It made his heart ache hearing it. He was confused on why he felt so sympathetic, but he didn't have time to think about that. He felt he had to focus on Donnie more. He hesitantly began to rub his shell in a comforting manner. He continued to do so, not really knowing what else to do in this position. Donatello's crying calmed down, watering down into little sniffles. They stayed like that for many minutes until Donnie had finally quit crying. After Donatello had completely calmed down,  he let go of the hug and slowly backed away. "I... Uh... I guess I'll... go to my lab." He chuckled awkwardly, beginning to walk away. Casey nodded slowly in response. He awkwardly walked away too, venturing to the kitchen. Instead of being alone like he expected, his eyes met April. His blood boiled.

Sorry if this is kinda out of character. In this thing, Casey gave up on April so he was more gentle towards donnie in this 🤭