Friends?

Donnie was in his lab resuming a project he had been working on for the past week, and Casey had just arrived at the lair. He skated into the kitchen and was greeted by Raph who was sitting at the dinner table with Leo. Casey gave them a little wave. "Sup, dudes! What's going on here?" He asked curiously. Leo turned his head to Casey and looked at him with sad eyes. "Hey Casey. Are you okay?" Raphael crossed his arms. "Yeah. We heard what went down last night. It sounded... rough." The red masked one commented. He pulled a chair out and sat down next to Raphael. "I guess so. I'm just still recovering from the uh.. heart break, Y'know?" He chuckled in disbelief. Leo nodded. "Yeah, we know. I'm glad you're doing alright. Wanna join us for pizza? Master Splinter just ordered some. It'll be here soon." His mood lifted, his face brightening up as well. "Hell yeah! I'm starving." Casey cheered. Mikey popped his head into the kitchen. "Did someone say pizza?!" Leo sighed, laughing a bit afterwards. "Yes, Mikey." Casey ran to Mikey and threw a fist into the air. "Hell yeah we did!"

Once the Pizza finally arrived, all except Donatello were seated at the dinner table eating away at the Pizza. When there were only two slices left, Casey felt the need to save them.

"Hey, shouldn't we save a slice for Donnie?" Casey asked, putting a hand on Mikey's arm to stop him from eating the last slice. Mikey immediately put it back in the box. "I almost forgot about Donnie!" He freaked out. "Thanks for reminding me man." He chuckled. Casey averted his eyes. "You're welcome. I'm... gonna go say hi." He excused himself awkwardly, wiping sauce off of his mouth. He quietly entered the lab, being met by a pitiful Donatello resting his head on his desk as he slouched his arms lazily. He sighed exhaustedly as he looked out into space, going on a trip to lala land. "Hey Donnie! You want some pizza? We saved you a slice!" He giggled excitedly, approaching the sad turtle boy. The poor boy nearly jumped out of his shell. "AHHH! Casey! You can't just—! Never mind." He let out a frustrated sigh. He didn't have enough energy to argue today. He held his head in his hands and pouted, thinking deeply. "Donnie?" Casey mumbled. He earned no response. "Hey, Gap-Tooth. Are you okay?" Donatello groaned in annoyance. "Ugh, will you stop calling me that?!" He snapped. Casey put his hands up defensively. "Okay, alright. Chill." The purple masked one calmed down, taking a deep breath and exhaling slowly. "Moving on... I'll get pizza later. Not hungry." He mumbled. Casey glared at the obviously emotionally troubled turtle sympathetically. "Donnie you haven't eaten all day. You need to eat something." He sighed, placing a hand on the tall turtle's shoulder. Donnie gently removed his hand from his shoulder and placed it on his desk. "Why do you care anyways? Don't you hate me?" Donnie huffed. Casey sat down in that spare chair that was always at his desk. "Just because you often get on my nerves, doesn't mean I hate you dude." He explained. The purple masked turtle looked up with a faint smile on his face. "You don't hate me?" He chuckled. "Hell no, I don't." Donnie put a hand out for Casey to shake. "Friends?" Instead of shaking Donnie's hand like a normal person, Casey pulled him into a tight hug. "Friends." He quickly let go. "Alright, alright, enough of this fluffy stuff. Lets get some pizza." Donatello laughed softly as a response. "Okay, cave mouth." He insulted jokingly. Casey punched Donnie softly in the arm playfully, running out of the lab with a smile.

And so, their friendship was official. They celebrated their newly blossomed friendship with Pizza. Donnie slowly gained his appetite, and Casey was full from eating 4 slices. Donatello had finished that one piece that everyone had left him. For the rest of that day, they were all in the best mood possible.