seventeen.

BASIL
مانهاتن
" 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓."

—GOYARD'🍁

GOYARD'🍁.

"Have you made some friends yet basil? Me and your sister are just wondering so we can meet them." Mother asks.

"I don't want y'all to come though, I really don't like the fame that follows behind you two." I tell my mother truly, but her soft scoff over the line was saying otherwise. "Especially Chantel."

"Your sister is beautiful basil! What's so wrong with people wanting to take photos with her?" I groan, biting onto the tip of my nail twirling myself around in my chair. "You're a Franklin, cherish that."

"A Franklin that doesn't like the modelling field." I know my reply ticked her; mother was calm for a second then went raging over the phone.

I couldn't bare of the loud energy I just caused her this morning, so I ended the call, hearing the loudspeaker going off assigning us to our first classes.

The makeup I always wore covered up my heavy eye bags, and small acne that was slowly starting to form due to the cold weather.

Coming from a family that cared so much about their appearance I realised I started to follow behind their footsteps. Knowing I shouldn't because my age was still young, and I was just growing up.

"Checkered skirt or plain pleated skirt? Hmm?" I gaze at myself in the long mirror, holding both pieces around my thigh deciding which one would be the best fit. "Hmm, I'm feeling slutty today. Checkered it is."

Hilton was very diverse when it came to students that had wealthy parents, although most of them don't know that their daughters only come here to hook up with girls.

It wasn't a bad thing though, but it just felt weird, especially if I grew up in a Christian household where I was taught that homosexuality was forbidden by God.

"Hey basil." It surprised me this morning that mocha greeted me first, it was usually me who started our conversations.

I wonder what she needed, and she's still wearing that ugly scarf around her neck.

"Mocha, hey?" She pushes my shoulder as her small laughter exited. "Why are you so smiley today? Girl, who we jackin?"

"Nobody! I'm just eager to see who's on the top ten, come!" It felt like I was in her shoes today, instead of me dragging her around the hallways, it was her dragging me instead.

"You ignored me yesterday." I stop her, removing my hands out of her grip scoffing under my breath. "Then today you're acting like you weren't supposed to tell me."