twenty-two.

MOCHA
مانهاتن
" 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖙𝖜𝖔. "

—BINLADEN'💮

BINLADEN'💮.

Everyone sat outside of the stoops of the steps for the duration of the night. The red and blue lights flashed in the area lighting up the lake house making the scene feel more ominous than before.

The police told us to stay hence everyone was getting questioned, but it was weird there was no news reporters in sight.

But it was understandable since everyone here had connections, and I know for sure they didn't want the media to find out the most elite school in New York has had their second murder.

"Hey, you alright?" I shuffle over not speaking to Mac, I didn't want to say anything to him after what happened today.

Not because I saw him cuddled up with that girl, because he tricked me on playing the wrong song.

"Mocha, I'm sorry, I didn't know man." Mac says seating himself down beside me as the girls around started whispering around, already judging him.

"..." I still was mute, not even a single muscle on my body jerked around to face him.

"Mocha," Mac breathed out, cursing under his breath before grabbing a hold of my wrist leading me away from everyone. "Let me just explain myself, please?" 

"Why?" I mugged, going under the yellow and black police tape looking around confused on where he was taking me. "You embarrassed me, Mac! I was supposed to play experience by fucking ludovico!" I spat, pushing his hand off me.

"I know—i know, just chill." He says, throwing his hands up so his palms faced me. "I was fooled myself, Zola told me you had to play that. I'm sorry."

"You know I don't like her, and you believed her," I huffed, dropping my head back to prevent the tears from drenching my face. "You made me look stupid Infront of my parents, especially my dad. This wasn't cool at all Mac, you don't understand."

"I know, I'm sorry." He just keeps apologising knowing that wasn't going to fix what will happen to me, although some others enjoyed the song my father didn't.

He liked going with the script of things and I've completely done the whole opposite.

Me and Mac stood there letting the silence between us sit, I know he was sorry and didn't know but I don't think I could accept the numerous apologies he just thrown at me.

"You played good though, I loved it." He says changing the mood of the conversation.

"Thank you," I smiled lightly, sitting myself down on the small white bench that was in front of the garden beds. "And thanks for the flowers, they were beautiful. How did you know where I lived anyways?"