nineteen.

MOCHA
مانهاتن
" 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓. "

—SHAKE BACK'💮

—SHAKE BACK'💮.

"Mocha?"

"Hmm?" I groan lightly, opening my eyes gazing back at the numerous eyes that were staring at me.

I barely slept last night, I just felt like someone was watching me. "Yes! Yes?" I answer back to my teacher, lost in my own world.

"Can you tell me a bible verse that relates to our current topic."

"Uh—" I gave my teacher a confused glance waiting for her to get the hint, but she didn't. She returned a small smirk knowing I wasn't paying attention— attempting to embarrass me in front of everyone.

And she was doing a good job.

"I wasn't paying attention, I'm sorry." I apologised, "But can you repeat the topic?"

"No?" She paces her way towards me, passing through the desks of students. "I expected better from you Mocha, after seeing you just hit number one on the national quiz, I didn't expect you to be sleeping in my class like a slump."

"Do you think studying for that quiz was an easy thing? I'll be tired and not pay attention when I don't feel okay. What's wrong with that?" I scoff, earning murmurs of small 'Oo's' and gasps from other students.

"There's plenty of things that are wrong about that. No Hilton student should lack their studies mentally and physically. Be someone like..." She glances around the room, thinking of someone to compare me with. "Like, Zola."

"That slow bitch?" I raise a brow, replying loud and proudly with a simple scoff. "I swear I'm not no bully or whatever, but I'm sure it's a sin to lie, I had to tell the truth about her of course."

"Please go to the concession room Mocha, I don't like you bringing your classmates down,"

After that comment i always felt like Zola's mother pays the teachers to defend her every single time.

I would admit it was wrong for bringing Zola down but she's dumb... She needs to repeat a couple of grades, literally.

On the way towards the confessional the hallways were empty as for some reason, I didn't see basil strolling around today which really bummed my mood.

I kind of liked when she bumps into me, beginning a conversation I know deep down that I don't want to have with her.

I only liked her being around me, keeping me safe.