Confession 2, what could've been

Cheap alcohol in the janitor's closet, mild drugs late into the night.

... How romantic, huh? What could've been.

But thats the problem, it never happened. It never happened because Eddie's heart stopped beating, as did Y/N's three months later.

Eddie and Y/N were planning for the best halloween ever, buying a bunch of decorations to make his trailer a bit more spooky for the kids. Y/N was gonna be a zombie cheerleader, planning to ask Chrissy if she could borrow her uniform. Eddie was gonna be a grim reaper, that was gonna start chasing the kiddos.

But that plan got crushed, didn't it?

It did.

The night Eddie's heart stopped pumping out blood to the other parts of his body, Y/N's heart gave up. It kept beating but.. only because it was essential.

The night Y/N died was by Eddie's gravestone, That's the most romantic part in their relationship. She stayed there until the end of both of them. Even by his gravestone in the blistering cold when the black spots on her body grew bigger, every spot of frostbite never hurt as much as she hurt mentally. Her mental state was lost, long ago.

But that changed when her mentality catched up with Eddie, in the afterlife that is.

———————

Head pounding, that's what you felt.
A massive headache and.. something... wet?

You opened your eyes and it took a few seconds for you to understand where you were.

You were at the graveyard, leaning against Eddie's grave. It wasn't the ordinary graveyard though, it reminded you of the upside down. That terrified you but, you understood it wasn't. It wasn't the upside down.

It was more normal, the only thing that had changed was that the colour of everything had faded a bit and was ever so slightly more dark and murky.

It was cold, but it didn't make you freezing. It was as if your body was used to this, it wasn't bothered by it at all.

What happened?

You looked to the sky and what was supposed to be the winter sky full with grey clouds now looked.. black?
It was as if a thunderstorm was on it's way and the light clouds had suddenly transformed into evil, musky lumps.

It took a while but you realised.
You realised that you were dead.

You weren't bothered by it though, or surprised.

Sure your friends would be sad but that's about it, and sooner or later you would reunite with them here in the afterlife.

...

Reunion.

Reunion!

"Eddie!" You called out, screaming at the top of your lungs.

You started breathing heavier and it was getting harder to see, your sight being blurred by the salty tears forming in your eyes.

Eventually you've had it and you started running around like a mad person, every once in a while yelling his name.

You didn't pay attention to your surroundings, not that you could see that much anyway, so you bumped into something.

You let out a hopeless sob and looked up, only to meet a pair of eyes just as sad as yours.

The mouth of yours fell agape as you finally reunited with your lover, after all this time it finally happened.

"..y/n?" He said, almost cautiously.

You didn't care about his speaking and fell onto him, hugging him and sobbing into his already wet shirt.
It took a few seconds but eventually you felt his arms close around you, making you feel safe despite the situation.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, his voice cracking as he lowered his head onto yours.

You let out a scoff without humour.

"Dead.. obviously" you said and embraced him tighter as if it was possible.

You felt him smile lightly against your hair as he also, held you against him.

How long was it you two stood there? Neither of you knew nor did you care.

The only thing you knew was that you were finally reunited, at last.