Sacrifice

A piercing screech rumbles the atmosphere of the sky as you stand beside Eddie and Dustin, the sound making the three of you jump and rush inside. As quickly as possible all of you lunged at the door to keep it closed, Eddie then proceeded to pull down the piece of wood as to lock the door.

A sigh of relief escaped your lips, even though you knew damn well it wasn't over yet.
A creepy feeling came and went in your stomach from time to time, making you want to violently vomit everywhere. If you didn't know any better you'd assume the feeling was only paying a visit to you and nobody else.

How were you supposed to explain this?
You were in an alternate dimension with your best friend and a kid, who also wants to be called your best friend.
That's about as much as you could explain.

Three years prior you were dragged into this mess, your little brother Mike had devoted his love and time into caring for this girl that turned out to have some form of "superpower" as Dustin would put it. Eleven was a good kid, I've missed her and Will ever since they moved to California.
I used to cry about them a lot, constantly worrying about them. But that's what introduced me to Eddie. Turns out that both of us really like spending our free time smoking in the woods.

About a year had gone by and you were already on your knees for the Freak, something that Steve and Robin were shocked but not surprised of.
Now that you were minutes away from your death, you should've told him how you felt. But you so hopelessly didn't want to believe the chance of you dying.

You were frozen in place, gripping the garbage lid as hard as you possibly could which instantly made your knuckles turn pale. Another shriek filled your eardrums as you saw the bats trying to get in through the vents.

The bats shrieked, Dustin screamed, your heart was pumping anxiously and Eddie started stabbing the bat with his weapon.
So many sounds around you made your ears feel overstimulated, everything around you giving you an overwhelming urge to flee.

After what felt like hours you and Dustin were already back in regular Hawkins and you desperately reached down to Eddie, pleading for your life that he would hurry. But he didn't, in fact he moved the mattress to stop you from coming back and he ran out of the trailer.

-EDDIE NO! DONT TRY TO BE A FUCKING HERO!' Your yells for sure gave Dustin a temporary tinnitus and you made a mental note as to apologise later, which you never got to do.

You contemplated your choices and after a few seconds you jumped down into not so regular Hawkins again, spraining your ankle. You screamed out in pain but kept on sprinting.

In the distance you saw an Eddie on a bike, being chased by a dozen bats. You didn't care about the pain anymore, you ran as fast as you could.

You tried to tell for the creatures, to take their attention away from Eddie and force it upon you but they were too far away. So you did what anyone would not do.

You grabbed something off of the ground, probably a rock, and started drumming it against the garbage lid that you so desperately clung to in your left hand. That made them look back at you, soon they started flying for your flesh instead of Eddie's, seeing as you were a much easier pray.

Instantly, Eddie's face turned to you and it contorted into fear and worry. But you stood there and watched as the creatures made their way to you, a few second after you felt a piercing agony in your stomach as one of the bats but at your flesh. You heard Eddie's scream and soon after you, as well, started screaming in pain.

You fell on your knees, soon to your back, and now you were facing the red sky. Thick and dark blood started running out of your mouth, staining your Hellfire shirt. After what felt like decades the bats stopped chewing on you and they all dropped to the ground, dead. They made it, they defeated Vecna! Despite the excruciating pain that you were in you couldn't help the smile creeping onto your lips, the taste of iron and tears filling you.

You tried to breathe but it was difficult, so so difficult. Out of nowhere you heard someone call your name but you didn't have the energy to look around, you felt as if you were about to pass out. Eddie ran up to you and collapsed beside you, pulling you up to his lap. You flinched and let out a scream with the pain and he immediately apologized.

-You should have stayed' Eddie said, and you could hear multiple cracks in his voice. He was crying? You had never seen him cry.

-What? Would you like to die instead?' You said, a sad smile positioning your lips. He simply sat there, his salty tears dripping onto your face.

-You'll have to look after Mike for me' You sniffed and immediately choked on your blood, he shook his head.

-You'll do that yourself' He tried to speak with tears filling his throat.

You stopped smiling, instead a frown took over your lips and you started sobbing.

-From a different perspective' You said and started feeling your consciousness drifting away.

-Y/N don't leave me' Eddie said and started shaking you, but you were too far away to answer.

Soon your heart stopped beating and you stood in front of Eddie, cradling your dead body. All you could do was watch, he wouldn't be able to hear or see you anyway.
You watched as he started panicking, screaming and sobbing while shaking your body.

-I LOVE YOU, Y/N' Eddie screamed while towering over your figure, shaking you as if that would help.

Even in the afterlife you started sobbing.

-I LOVE YOU, EDDIE' You screamed out, at the top of your lungs you screamed those words and at the end of it you hear lightning in the sky. Temporarily giving you the ability to see Eddie's face more clearly.

All you could do was fall to your knees, just in front of Eddie, but he wouldn't see you anyway.