Confession

(Angst)

—————

I watch in horror as Jason, the schools most popular boy, slips my poem into Eddie's locker.

Jason and his friends laugh as they see me cry, all except one guy. I think his name was Lucas?
Eventually they all walk away and leave me on the floor crying.

<small flashback>

I had been working on a poem for months now, in which I explained my feelings for Eddie.
It was lunch time and I was sat in the corridor, finishing up my letter, as the doors swung open.
Jason and his little gang walked out and saw me on the ground.
Jason snatched the slightly yellow paper from my hands and started reading it out loud as I started breaking into silent sobs.

When he had read the last sentence he smirked at me as he neatly folded it up again, and sliding it into Eddie's locker.

<end of flashback>

Now I was panicking, what the hell was I supposed to do? Lunch time was over soon and Eddie would see it. Maybe I could break into the locker? No, there's no way.

In frustration I put my head against his locker and wipe a few tears before I hear a voice down the hall.

"Hey there Y/N, why are you crying on my locker?" I hear the soft voice say and I quickly look up to see Eddie walking towards me.

"I- uhm.. I dropped something very important in your locker" I say as I wipe a few salty tears from my eyes.

He nods and smiles at me before opening his locker.
The first thing that falls out is the letter, but it was facing upward when it fell onto the floor.

The big, bold letters read: Eddie surrounded with a bunch of hearts.

Eddie's eyes widen and I'm quick to leave the scene, just full on sprinting down the hallway and into the woods outside of the school.

It's first when I sit down at a bench that I notice that I left the poem in the school.
I start sobbing loudly as I sit down at the bench, putting my knees up to my chest.

"This can't be fucking happening" I say as I start shaking my head. I tighten the grip around myself when I hear a branch break not too far from me.

I stand up quickly and look to my right where I see Eddie standing.
I start crying again as I shake my head, walking in the other direction.
I didn't make it far until a hand wrapped itself around my wrist and spun me around though.

I look down and cry until Eddie pulls me into a warm embrace, a hug, if you will.
I immediately stop crying in confusion but I snake my arm around his torso as well.

"Don't cry love" Eddie whispers and I nod slightly, blushing a bit.
He begins stroking my hair and both of us lower ourselves onto the ground until he is basically holding me while having his back against a tree.

"I'm so sorry.. Jason snatched it away from me and put it in your locker..." I say quietly but he simply rubs my back in response.

"What a douche" He says and I smile, but it quickly goes away.

———

That's the memory that I think about every time I visit Eddie's grave.

The time I confessed my feelings for him, and the time he confessed as well.
I often think about that.
It's the only thing I think about now.

I usually spend my days on my bed, drinking until I don't know who the fuck I am anymore.

The others stopped checking on me, I guess they realised that there was no point in trying to cheer me up.

Why did it end like this? We were supposed to have a shitty wedding, with only us and a ring.

I sit in the snow, staring down at your gravestone.
I'm at the side of the gravestone with my back against the rock as I drink the bottle, only in a t-shirt and a pair of trousers, I don't know what.

I try not to fall asleep but eventually I can't help and I close my eyes, the dreams finally getting a hold of me again.

I sit there for hours on end before someone finds me.
Now frostbite has covered my body and hypothermia attacked me a long while ago, now my body is only a shell as I reunite with my lover.