~~~CHAPTER SIX~~~

"Well then Miss Be-Truth, We find you worthy of this position but to finalize this job position

"Well then Miss Be-Truth, We find you worthy of this position but to finalize this job position. You have to meet with the C.E.O whom you're going to be working closely with. A dinner reservation at 7 pm tomorrow. A car will be sent to the address you provided us with and the driver will have your number as well. All the best." This is too easy, they hardly look over the proof of qualifications, I know they already had my resume but just four simple questions?

"Thank you." Without sparing another glance in their direction, I left the room not knowing if I should be glad or worried. Will I be meeting THE Solace or? There is no OR I quietly said to myself.

~ ~ ~

My nerves are flying, why am I so nervous? And why do I have to have dinner with Solace himself? Cant they be a normal company and just tell me if I get the job or not? It is now 4 pm so I have time to get ready and build up my confidence. Only if I had friends, after that convo with Emma I felt as if I am forcing a friendship. I don't want to come off to her as someone who uses people. It took everything out of me to ask her that day and I do understand the reason why she could not but, I just do not want to come off as a person who depends on others. Thinking about friends it is time to ring Emantha before she swims to America fi kunk me. (...swims to America to knock me in the head).

"You low-life bitch of a friend, Yuh know ya jancrow, crasis gyal. Why now you a call me after almost two weeks. It does not take a penny to ring this phone but you waiting so long. Get offa mi phone. You know what since you broke my heart, you heartless excuse of a friend..." and she continues being dramatic acting as if I ripped out her heart and squash it. "I deserve an explanation." Demanding as always.

"Are you done Em? It has been hard to settle down, I am currently looking for a job and I have an interview this evening. Am sorry I should have contacted you sooner but everything is just rushed right now. I am tryna find a foundation for myself okay so stop being angry." I hope she understands.

"Girl stop twang!" I was just waiting for that comment.

"It is standard English, I have to speak so they can understand me. Called code-switching. I am not twanging." Every Jamaican says the same thing once they hear someone speaking standard English and once they sound nice with it. They say we are twanging it is absolutely annoying.

After thirty minutes of catching up, I hang up with the intention of getting ready for this dinner. The convo with Emantha helped to relax me a bit and even though my best friend is a pain in my ass, we are besties because of that. She ma home girl.

"Lanie!" I felt someone tackling me to the ground. Or should I say more than one people. I have never been so frightened in my life.

"Both of you get off me. Heavy! Heavy! Heavy!" Neither of my siblings made a move instead they wrap their arms around me. "I wont be able to walk tonight if you guys do not stop being childish and get off me."