~~~CHAPTER SEVENTEEN~~~

I stepped out of the car puffing the back of my afro to resize it but as I glance up I just knew this was not going to be as easy as I thought

~~~

"Fuck no!" I exclaimed opening back the doors of Melodious's car but luck was not on my today because they were closed. "Melly I am leaving, I am not doing this today with you, I am sorry but no." I looked up at him to see him leaning unto his car adjusting the glasses on his face.

"I didn't know she would be here Melanie, just calm down before you draw attention to us." Melodious calmly said playing it off.

"I told you I won't tolerate foolishness, you are not going to make me look like a fool in front of your entire rich-ass family." I moved to stand in front of him making sure my words are heard correctly. "Get rid of her and I promise not to make trouble." With that, I hook his arm with mine and we made our way towards the entrance with a smile on my face.

"Nice to see you again Melanie." Well, she got the nerves.

"I can't say the same, Sammy." I want to turn back, to be honest, his side-piece is here and I am going to be proposed to tonight. I am sure everyone knows about her. Just imagine what they are saying behind my back, however, I held my head high and walked right past her. The venue was decorated in blue and pink, maybe today is her gender reveal as well.

"Melodious you made it!" Across from us, a beautiful pregnant lady stood, waving with a smile on her face. I could feel her happiness and this made me smile, genuinely.

"Of course, I made it Juliana!" Melodious responded opening his arms wide for a hug. "This is Melanie." He said gesturing to my stilled body. I don't know why I am so nervous but after all, she is a member of his family, right?

"So you are Melanie?" She asked pulling me into a hug. Even with her huge belly, it felt warm and again, genuine.

"It's nice to meet you Juliana, congrats..." she was wearing a long white loose gown, with a pair of gold earrings. Her hair was jet black, stylishly curled reaching her mid-back. So imagine if it were to be straightened. She would be Rapunzel up in this shit. "I did not know what gender you are carrying so I got something neutral, I hope you don't mind." I handed over the gift bag to her.

"Oh no you shouldn't, you being here with Melodious was enough of a gift but thank you." She took the gift then, pulled me into a hug again but this time whispered in my ears. "Thank you for loving him Melanie, he deserves that much." With that, she pulled away, pat Melodious on the arm, and left us to greet other guests. But now I feel guilty because I have not one hair, tendon, bone, or feeling of love for this man standing beside me. He doesn't make it easy and I am kind of grateful for that.

~~~

Juliana and her husband Caleb stood in the center of the venue holding blue and pink hand bands, asking us to vote on which gender wethoughtk the baby is. A few people went up and chose a colour band, now it was Melodious and I turn. He went before with me following after, he chose a colour and of course, I went for Pink. We returned to the side we stood without saying anything to each other. Why are we so awkward? This act ain't fooling no one.