~~~CHAPTER EIGHTEEN~~~

Tears pour down my face but not the happy ones but tears of sadness

Tears pour down my face but not the happy ones but tears of sadness. I wore it with a smile on my face as he got up and hugged me tightly.

~~~

Empty and numb

Still can't get passed all the sadness and the crumbs I left

Help me, I'm scared

Cause the one thing on my mind, is for me to disappear.

The words of Zevia's song rang straight to my heart. I can see Melodious glancing at me from the corner of my eyes as he drove me home. I have nothing to say to him because I know that I agreed to this contract and I have to just play my part in front of others but otherwise I have nothing to say.

As I sunk deeper into the seats of his car I plugged the air pads deeper into my ears not caring if I am giving off a depressing vibe. I should be happy after an engagement right? But this is not the case. I closed my eyes welcoming the memories of the event that happened today.

Juliana ran towards me pulling me into a hug whispering congrats to us. Everyone swarms us taking a look at the ring and gasping in the process. During this I did not feel excited or overwhelmed, it also appears that Melodious felt the same as I glanced at him with a slight smile on my face.

Juliana then pulled me towards her husband and placed me before them. "Please do the honors of revealing the gender," She asked. How can you feel as if you knew someone you're entire life after just meeting them for the first time?

"Ofcourse" I replied smiling genuinely at her. They then handed me a thick black balloon and a hairpin. "1, 2, 3" Pop! But only white glitter fell out. "Oh my God!" I clutch my heart "That was a tease!" I exclaimed causing everyone to laugh. I looked towards the expecting couple to see they too were startled.

Suddenly a waitress came out with a cake placing it before me but before she stepped away she whispered in my ears. "Miss, this was the plan, sorry for startling you but please allow Mrs. and Mr. Rodriquez to cut this cake to reveal the gender" Hearing this I smirked as she pulled away and made her way to where she came from.

"Caleb and Juliana please make your way towards me." I could see the confusion on their faces as they carefully made their way toward me. I handed the knife to Juliana and placed Caleb's hand on top of hers. "So, How are we feeling?" I asked them.

"A little nervous" Caleb responded as he kissed Juliana's cheeks.

"I am dying" Juliana responded eagerness clearly in her voice causing everyone to laugh.

"Then since you're dying, let's get you treated. Please cut the cake to reveal the gender" I said motioning to the cake. They placed the knife on the cake waiting for me to count down.

"One! Two! Two and a half!" They pulled the knife up after realizing I was teasing them causing Juliana to cover her face as Caleb's deep laugh rattled through the air. "Three!" Pink and blue balls rained down the pavement along with a long paper read, 'You are having twins!'. Juliana stood still in shock as everyone swarmed her. All I could do was smile. We then played some games and she opened her gifts, ate, and overall enjoyed our time together.

This leads us back to where we are now, In Melodious's car going home. I felt a hand resting on my thighs causing me to open my eyes. But when I did I saw a pair starring at me in concern

"Melanie, are you okay?" Am I?

"Yes ofcourse," I replied not even trying to make it sound believable.

"Okay, let us go in." That's when I realized we were at his house and not mine. He pulled out the door not bothering to explain why we were at his house. I just got out, I really do not have the strength to fight with Melodious right now. I made my way to the door waiting for him to open it.

A minute of just staring at me with an unreadable expression later, he came and open the door. I wasted not one minute before crossing the threshold and made my way towards the guest room where I always stayed, but before I got the chance to open it a hand, held onto mine. It was Melodious, he began to tug me towards his bedroom roughly causing me to wince from the pressure on my upper arm.

"Melodious you are hurting me!" I exclaimed but he just pulled his door open and dragged me into the darkness that welcomed us inside. My heart hammers in my chest, what is he doing?

He pushed me towards the wall forcefully yelling. "Stop being so depressing, is it so bad to marry me? Do you know how many people would die for that chance?" He continued to yell in my ears. "I saw your cries today, even though you were smiling it did not reach your eyes. It is either you fucking marry me or you pay the sum of half of everything I own to get out of this contract." He then turned away from me. "Don't even think to leave this bedroom fiancé, Your father got his transplant don't fuck up my company's future. You agreed, now do your job." With that, he entered the bathroom leaving me in the darkness surrounded by my thoughts.

Is this how the five years of our marriage will be?

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­________________________________________________________

Pay the sum of half of everything he owns or marry the sexy man and enjoy all he has to offer for five years? Why is that choice so hard?

Do you see that star at the bottom of this page? Please click it and feel free to share your thoughts in the comments.

Kisses

Betruthlisha