9

I fell onto my bottom after Dream had teleported us. As I got up off from my bottom, I dusted my skirt off while looking around me.

We were in a room, a small one at that, the lights were off but it was still light enough for me to see. I saw a sleeping figure on a couch in the corner. It was Johanna.

I looked next to me seeing Dreams glowing eyes, I almost jumped at seeing his eyes. Despite Dream being pretty pale, he was as hard as ever to see in the dark. Especially when he had black clothing on.

Dream looked like he was in some kind of trance as he stared at Johanna's sleeping form.

I had coughed a bit, this time only a few drops of blood cam out.

I then brought my attention back up to Dream and Johanna.

"Could he be in her dream right now?" I asked myself aloud. I started walking around the room, peeking at pictures and papers here and there.

Right when I was about to pick up a picture. Johanna shot straight up. She was breathing heavy. I quickly turned around to face her, I looked towards Dream,  it seems he had snapped out of his trance.

Johanna sighed loudly as she looked at Dream, cursing under her breath.

"How did you find me?" Johanna asked both of us, well,  mainly towards Dream as she stared him down.

"You were dreaming. But it wasn't only a dream, was it? It's a memory. No wonder you do not sleep." Dream said monotonously.

"Maybe I don't deserve to." Johanna said.

"Perhaps not. But I could make it go away."

"Only if I help you find your sand?" Johanna said to him, I could see her eyebrow had twitched a bit.

I had coughed quietly as I turned away from them both. It was quiet enough that Dream nor Johanna turned there attention towards me, which I was grateful for.

"Though, finding anything in this place may require more magic than you can even muster"  Dream said.

"I'll look un the office. Try not to clean up while I'm gone." Johanna said as she got up off the couch.

"We're coming with you. You have a gift for disappearing." Dream said as he stepped to the side, blocking her path.

"Alright. But if the mess in here offends you, wait till you see my office." Johanna then said as she walked around Dream and exited the room, walking down the hallway. Dream and I followed after her.

I felt weird, I hadn't been coughing as much as I did when we first come down the water stairs from Dreams realm. Hm, was it an after effect maybe? I just shook my head to get it off my mind.

We had followed her to another room, it was her office. She wasn't kidding about the mess, thats for sure. Johanna was going through her desk, while me and Dream stood in the middle of the room.

"Why do you humans love objects so much?" Dream asked as he looked around the room.

"They do come in handy sometimes. You seem pretty attached to your sand." Johanna said as she started picking and tossing objects here and there.

"It's not just an object, it's a part of me." Dream said.

"If thats true, how'd you happen to lose it?" Johanna asked. My face had fallen into one of guilt. Remembering what the man I called my father had done to Dream in the past.

"It was stolen by another magic user called Burgess."

"Wait, not Roderick Burgess? The old Demon King himself, eh? Everyone used to say he was a fake.  Said he had the Devil locked up in his basement. How the fuck did you...shit." Johanna figured it out, she started walking towards Dream and I.