17

I could tell Dream was in deep thought, for he had been staring at one of the pillars in front of him for a while now, he had his hands locked together as they rested on his knees as he sat on the step of the staircase.

"Jef Walker is still in the realm of the living...yet I cannot find him." Dream said as he continued staring at the pillar.

"No. Nor I my lord." Lucienne said.

"All humans are connected to the Dreaming. They spend a third of their life here. Breaking that connection would require knowledge. And power." Dream said as I averted his gave from the pillar and to Lucienne.

"Then it may interest you to know that, the last nightmare Jed Walker had before he disappeared was of Gault." Lucienne replied back to Dream, she hd shifted the book she had been holding with her left arm, to her right arm.

"You think she severed him from The Dreaming?"

"I do."

"Why?" Dream had asked as he now didn't have a very happy nor neutral facial expression.

"Because he's not just any child, is he? He's Rose Walker's brother." Lucienne had said, just as she had said this, I got this poke in my heart that something or someone had just entered The Dreaming, I wasn't sure how, but I could tell they had started walking towards us, but stopped after only five steps.

I looked at the entrance, only to be flabbergasted at what I had saw.

"She is the vortex" Lucienne continued, both Lucienne and Dream weren't aware of the presence in the room.

I had stumbled back with wide eyes, this had gotten Lucienne's and Dream's attention as they looked at my, I didn't spare them a glance as I looked in front of me.

"Excuse me. I'm Rose Walker. What do you know about my brother Jed?" Spoke the Rose as Dream and Lucienne finally looked in her direction. I could tell Dream was both surprised and confused.

I was frozen in place, how? How could she have gone to The Dreaming from the living world? Could it have been because she was the vortex...

All of a sudden, Dream stood up on the step he had previously sat on and looked down at Rose.

"You are welcome here, Rose Walker." Dream said, it seems he had processed it quite quickly.

"Who are you?" Rose had asked as she looked at the three of us with a confused look.

"You have somehow dreamed your way into an audience with Lord Morpheus. The King of Dreams. And now you must go." Lucienne said, only to get a sigh from Dream.

"Lucienne."

"She shouldn't be here." Lucienne said back between gritted teeth..

"No, but I should like her to stay." Dream replied.

"What is this place?" Rose had asked.

"You're in The Dreaming. A place where people come to sleep." Dream said aloud.

"So, I'm asleep right now? I'm dreaming?" Rose said, I could catch a hint of her not believing what Dream had said.

"Yes, and I should like to know how it is you found me."

"I heard you talking about my brother. Is he here?" Rose asked, she looked around the place as she asked this.

"No."

"Do you know where he is?"

"No." Dream answered as he walked up next to Rose. He looked up at the window behind Lucienne and I.