Six

Audrey stands with Adam on the porch, turning to him with a sigh. "I'm sorry, Adam."

"Don't be." He strokes his thumb gently along her cheek with a smile. "I had a nice time. Can I kiss you goodnight?"

"Please." She answers, resting her hands on his chest as he smirked, leaning toward her. She closed her eyes as his lips made contact with hers. He moved his hand to the nape of her neck, teasing her tongue with his before pulling away with a smile.

"I've really missed you, Audrey. And I am all in. You only need to decide what you want. Goodnight." He cradles her face, kissing her forehead before walking away.

She groans softly, entering the house to relieve the sitter. She washes up and changes into some sleep shorts and an old tank top before going down to the kitchen. She grabs a water bottle when she hears a soft knock on the door. She's surprised to find Andy in front of in sweatpants and a t-shirt. "Andy, what are you doing here?"

He quickly pushes his way into the house, shutting the door loudly behind him. "Look, I know that I hurt you. But you hurt me too! You just up and left me, Addie!"

"Quiet down!" She pushes him as he grabs her wrists in his hands and looks around the living room for hints of a man.

"Why? Did Adam stay over?"

"No!" She scoffs, pulling her hands free before crossing her arms over her chest. "I just need you to be quiet, please."

"Fuck you! Laurie was pregnant and forced me to choose between you! And I had to choose her. I'm so sorry Audrey! But I still love you!" His voice continues to get louder and louder as she places her hands on his chest to try and quiet him.

"I know. I ran into Laurie today and she told me what happened between you guys. I'm sorry, Andy," she whispers softly as she looks up at him and he rests his hands on her waist.

"You're sorry?" He repeats with a small smirk before he hears the sound of small footfalls behind Audrey.

"Mama?"

"Fuck..." Audrey curses under her breath as Braeden enters the living room still half asleep. She scoops him into her arms as Andy stares at him.

He feels his heart sink to his stomach as he recognizes himself in the small boy. "You have a son?" He shakes his head, swallowing hard as he rests his hands on his hips, hanging his head down.

Before she can respond, her phone rings in the kitchen. She answers it right away when she sees it's her mother, staring at Andy as she does. He locks eyes with her, taking Braeden from her as her face sinks, hanging up the phone. "They took my father to the hospital. They think he had a stroke."

Andy sighs, looking down at Braeden. "Go."

"Andy..." She hesitates as he shakes his head.

"It's fine. I think I can look after my own son. Now go." He sits on the couch with Braeden, talking with him softly as Audrey rushes to her bedroom to change.

She comes back out to kiss Braeden on the head, glancing at Andy, her heart clenching at the hurt look on his face. "I'm sorry, Andy."

"Just go. We can talk more about it later." He glances at Braeden after Audrey leaves. "Can you show me where your room is?"

Braeden smiles widely as Andy sets him on his feet and he grabs Andy's hand to lead him down the hall to his bedroom and crawls into his bed. "Are you my daddy?"

Andy nods and sighs as he sits on the edge of the bed beside him, pulling the blanket up. "It appears that I am." He brings his hand up to ruffle his hair, noticing Braeden looked just like him as a kid. "How old are you?"