Nineteen

Audrey glances up as Andy enters her office on Friday afternoon, setting a piece of paper on her desk. "Not quite like the pink roses you've left on my desk every day this week," she teases, picking up the piece of paper as he chuckles. "What is this? It's from HR."

He comes around her desk to lean next to her chair. "I know, but I hope it's almost as romantic." He laughs, leaning over her. "It states that we are dating, and it won't interfere with our work... et cetera."

"I see..." She stares at the paper as he takes it and signs, sliding it back to her.

"No more hiding or keeping our relationship secret. I want everyone to know that we are together."

She smiles up at him, grabbing his face to kiss him before turning back to the desk to sign the paper. "And our date?"

"Yes." He grabs the paper, going back to the door of her office. "Go home and get dressed."

"And Braeden?" She asks, raising her brows at him.

"Don't worry about Braeden. Simon is taking him for the night. He will be enjoying ice cream and room service with Simon. It's all taken care of."

She smiles, standing up to cross the room, placing herself in front of him with her hands on his chest. "You sorted it out with Simon? Without a fight?"

"Without a fight." He chuckles, wrapping his arms around her. "I love you, Audrey."

"I love you too, Andy. So much. I don't want to waste any more time without you."

"Me too, princess." He strokes his thumb along her cheek, leaning down to press a small kiss to her lips before pulling away. "I'll pick you up at seven." She grins as he winks at her before slipping out of her office.

***

Audrey opens the door to Andy at exactly seven to find him holding a bouquet of yellow roses in a dark blue suit and tie. He doesn't say anything, freezing as he rakes his eyes down her dress. "Jesus..." he breathes as she takes the flowers from him, setting them on the coffee table.

She looks down at her wine-colored satin dress. "What? Is this not appropriate? I haven't been on a date in so long." Andy doesn't say anything, only pulls her hard against his chest as he crashes his mouth against hers. She whimpers, running her hands up his chest as she feels him hard against her. She giggles as she finally pulls away. "Okay then. Let's go. You promised me a proper date, Barber. If we continue, we'll never leave."

He grabs her hand as they leave the house and he leads her to the car, pausing at the passenger door. "You look beautiful, Audrey. Amazing. You're perfect and I love you so much."

"I'm not, but I'll take it," she teases, grinning up at him as she runs her hand down his tie. "I love you." He opens the door, helping her into the car before taking his spot behind the wheel.

He sighs, reaching into his pocket to hand her the notebook from Simon. "I did skim through it, but I didn't look at it all. Simon thought it would help, but it sort of feels like cheating to me."

Audrey opens the small notebook to find different little notes about her. What she liked and didn't like and preferences. "This is... I'm gonna kill him," she scoffs as she slams the book shut.

He groans, shaking his head. "Please don't. He was just trying to help. I didn't give it to you so you would be mad at him."

"Thank you, Andy." She sighs, shoving it into her clutch as she shakes her head. "It's between Simon and me, don't worry about it. I also don't like being shoved into a little box of this is what I like and don't like. Things happen, people change along with their preferences."

"Princess..." he sighs, grabbing her thigh. "He loves you and thought he was helping. Let it go."

"Fine," she huffs, trying to put it out of her mind for now. "Let's just have a good night. Where are we going?"

"Well... I was going to make you dinner at my place. But I've never taken you out to a restaurant, so that is what I'm doing. And then dessert at my place?"

She grins as he cocks a flirty brow at her, and she nods. "Sounds perfect, Andy." She watches him pull into a parking spot before getting out to come around the car to help her out. She relishes in his touch as he keeps his hand on her back until they are seated in a quiet corner.

He orders a bottle of wine before turning back to her, leaning toward her to pull her chair closer to his. "You look amazing. And I cannot be happier than to be here with you."

"Me too, Andy." She closes the distance to kiss him before picking up her menu, aware he was still staring at her. "What is it?" She blushes as he grabs her hand, bringing it to his lips, kissing softly before picking up his own menu.

"Nothing." He chews on the corner of his mouth nervously, avoiding her eye contact to look over the menu.

She chuckles, looking back at the menu before the waitress comes back to take their order. Once she walks away, she leans toward Andy. "I already love you. And I know we have stuff to learn about each other. But hopefully, we have a long time to learn everything. Right?"

"I hope so," he agrees with a big smile. "I just want to do everything right this time."

"You already are. We don't need a notebook, or a checklist of things that we should know about each other, Andy. I love you, and the fact that you're trying is enough for me." She leans closer, placing her hand on his cheek. "Don't stress about checking boxes. Okay?"

"Okay, princess. I love you too." He smiles at her as she looks down at the table.

"I want to take your name. And I want to have your daughter," she admits quietly as she hears Andy chuckle. 

He grabs her chin gently, tilting her face toward his as he leaned in real close. "Me too. I want all that too."