Chapter 20 part 1 - Hurt

Chapter 20 part 1 – Hurt

Rose’s POV

I lay in bed rethinking the argument I had with Kyle. He called me three times last night but I had sent him straight to voicemail. I know Kyle just wanted to help me but I just couldn’t even think about what he had suggested. I know I had suspected Max, but I had to be rational; I have known him for so long, I know he’d never do something like that. I knew none of them would do something like that.

I have lost so much in this past year, I couldn’t possibly imagine losing someone else. I wouldn’t be able to handle it. I was convinced my attacker wasn’t Max, Mike, or Tyler; it had to be someone that I knew from someone else. I had to tell detective Benson before he interrogates my friends. My thoughts were interrupted when my phone started to ring. It was detective Benson.

“Hello”

“Rose, I’m sorry to call so early but I need you to come down to the station immediately.”

“Did something happen?”

“NO, I just need you to answer a few questions but it is important for you to this right away.”

“Okay detective, I’ll be there in 30 minutes.”

“Thank you. Goodbye Rose”

“Bye detective”

****

“Mom I’ll be back detective Benson told me he needed me to go to the station to answer some questions”

 “Do you want me to go with you?”

“It’s okay, I’ll be quick”

“Okay honey, if you need anything just call me okay”

“Will do mom”

***

I drove into the station and quickly got off the car and headed inside. I saw a familiar police officer and she told me to follow her. We walked past several offices but it wasn’t till the last one where she told me to sit down right outside and wait for detective Benson. I sat down on the uncomfortable chair and waited for detective Benson. I waited for detective Benson. I finally heard the door open and saw Kyle walk out of the room, followed by detective Benson.

“Kyle?” I asked

“Rose.” He said with a monotone voice.

“What are you doing here?” I asked him. He didn’t know how much I missed him. I wanted to be with him. It took all of my will power to not go up to him and hug him.

“I had to answer a few questions”

“You didn’t do what you said you would do. Did you?”