Chapter 20 Part 2- Hurt

Chapter 20 Part 2 - Hurt

Rose's POV

I was in my car focusing on breathing in and out. Everything was going fuzzy in my head. I just couldn't concentrate on anything else. My mind was going around in circles with no sign of it ever stopping. I was having a hard time breathing. I soon realized I was having a panic attack. It was the worst thing I have gone through. The pain in my chest was excruciating, I closed my eyes in order to concentrate on my breathing.

I heard someone trying to pull open my door; then I remembered it was locked, they couldn't help me. I then heard banging on the window, I tried turning my head towards the window to see who it was; but the pain wouldn't let me do anything. I bend down trying to breathe, my chest was about to explode any minute. The banging on my window didn't stop, I could hear my name being called out but nothing would register in my mind.

The banging on my window was getting louder and louder; I was scared that the window would shatter on me. I slowly started regaining my breaths. I felt my lungs fill with more oxygen. I could think clearly now. The banging stopped when I lifted up my head. I quickly opened my door and stepped into a pair of arms.

"Sssh it's okay, it's just a panic attack. Breathe in, breathe out." I heard an unmistakable voice say. My heart melted as he held me close and cooed me to relax. Kyle held me close to him, calming me down.

"You're okay, just breathe everything is going to be okay."

"Nothing's going to be okay, Kyle. Don't you see that? NOTHING IS OKAY!" I screamed into his chest. He held me tighter into his arms.

"Don't say that-"

"STOP KYLE! CAN'T YOU SEE HOW EVERYTHING IN MY LIFE IS A MESS? TWO OF MY BEST FRIENDS ARE DEAD, I WAS RAPED ON MY BIRTHDAY, AND NOW POSSIBLY ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS IS GOING TO JAIL FOR NO REASON!"

"Rose-"

"It's your fault, you know." I whispered and slowly pushed away.

"What?"

"You should have just left me that night. He would have killed me and none of this would have happened. Annie and Clary would still be alive and at least I know none of my friends would have been sent to jail because of me. You should have left me that night."

"Are you kidding me right now Rose? How would you ever think that I would ever leave you? I would never walk away from something like that. You have a whole new life ahead of you, you can't give up now!"

"I have no one left Kyle!"

"You have me!"

"No, I don't. You accused my friends Kyle; MY ONLY FRIENDS! SO NO I DON'T HAVE YOU!"