Chapter 4- Day out

CHAPTER 4- DAY OUT

I woke up and tensed as I felt someone lying down beside me, I slowly turned and to my surprise Annie laid there. I looked at my clock as it read 7:15 A.M., then I remembered Annie spend the night so she could comfort me. I smiled as last night events came rushing in my mind, when I got to see all my close friends.  I got off my bed and put my hair in a quick bun. I slipped my flip flops on and made my way downstairs. I heard noise in the kitchen so I decided to see if my mom was there. I sat down on one of the chairs in the kitchen. “Rose, I think it’s time for you to go back to class you’ve missed lab twice already honey” I sighed cause I dreaded the day I had to go back and see my professor. I knew I had to go back soon because I couldn’t afford to get an F as a grade. “Yeah I’m going today to class and then in the afternoon I’m going out to the movies with friends” I told my mom. She nodded and smiled. “Okay but you better hurry and get dressed your class starts at 9:00” “I know mom, I’m going to go shower you think you can make me breakfast meanwhile?” I gave her one of my puppy looks, she laughed and nodded. I laughed while I ran upstairs to my bedroom. “Where did you go? I woke up and you were gone.” Annie stood in front of my dresser. “I was downstairs, you can go to the kitchen while I shower cause I’m going to class” She nodded and made her way to the kitchen. I grabbed my towel and went to my restroom. The cold water felt good on my skin, I needed it to help me wake up.  I got out and got dressed; I put my wet hair in a quick braid. I really don’t wear makeup, I usually just put a bit of mascara. I turned and saw it was 8:00 A.M. I made my way downstairs to go eat. My mom served us eggs with bacon. I knew I had to leave because the traffic was bad in the morning. I said bye to my mom and Annie, I got in my car and drove off to my class.

I got there ten minutes before and sat down in my regular seat. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I jumped, I practically fell off my seat. “Sorry I didn’t mean to scare you” I turned and there he was, my savior Kyle. He gave me a genuine smile and sat next to me.  “Oh no it’s okay I guess I’m a little paranoid you know..” He nodded. “I’m sorry what happened to you, I wish I could have gotten there earlier”

“Thank you” was all I could say to the guy who saved me. 

The professor was running late, so my mind was drifting into thoughts. I noticed I could remember how my attacker looked, my memory was getting fuzzy. Why was this happening? I’ve had a nightmare every night and know I couldn’t remember things from that horrible night. Kyle must have noticed the confused expression on my face because he turned to me with a worried expression. “Rose are you okay?” I couldn’t say anything so I just nodded. He was about to say something when the professor came in. He started the lecture and it went on what seemed like forever. After it was over I was getting all my things in my bag when Kyle turned to me, “Hey you want to go get a cup of coffee right after this?” I thought about it, I know Max would probably be at my house in 30 minutes; it wouldn’t hurt to go get coffee with my savior. “Yeah, it’d be nice” He smiled and led the way to the coffee shop. I walked in and the smell of coffee hit me, I felt relaxed with the smell. We ordered our coffee and picked a table at the back.

“So how have you been?” Kyle asked

“Well coping I guess” I didn’t know how to answer, what did he want me to say... just splendid?

“Yeah, sorry” was all that he said.

I didn’t know if what I was about to ask him was okay but why shouldn’t it be? I mean he is the one who rescued me.