Chapter 27- Revenge

Gio's Note: Sorry it took so long to update but I was really busy with school. I hope you like this chapter and sorry for any mistakes. Please vote and comment! :D

Chapter 27- Revenge

Rose’s POV

I stared into her deep eyes; they held fear, hardness, coldness, and sorrow. How could a person keep so many emotions within them? Her face is so pale; looking lost in the world. She looks so small and fragile; her whole aura screams fear. She’s so distant from this world yet I could see her standing right in front of me. I could see the faint scar on her neck, reminding everyone of her horrors at night.

I hear a knock on the door, and I slowly pull my stare away from the mirror.

“Rose? You alright in there?” Kyle’s worried voice roams the restroom I’m standing in.

“Yeah, I’m fine. I’ll be out in a second.” I whisper just loud enough for him to hear.

I return my stare to the mirror, tilting my head to the side to examine the girl on the reflection. How had I become this, lifeless person? I couldn’t even recognize myself anymore. Life had just thrown too many obstacles in my way; how did anyone expect me to get through this alone. I reposition my head straight, letting my eyes stare right directly to hers.

I took a deep breath and forced myself to look away from her. I ran my fingers through my head, trying to clear my mind from what detective Benson had told us. It’s been three days since we’ve heard from detective Benson, and now I was getting discharged from the hospital.  I closed my eyes, focusing on my breathing. I must be strong; I can’t let my parents down again. Not after everything that they’ve gone through as well.

I finally decided to step out of the restroom; I open the door and walk into my hospital room.  I see Kyle on the chair next to my bed; my parents are standing on the other end of the room whispering to each other. I’m changed to my clothes; we’re just waiting for the nurse to come back assuring that I could now leave. I had to stay in the hospital for 72 hours and now I could finally go home.

I sat on my bed facing Kyle, who kept on looking at me like I was going to break down any moment. The thing is; I don’t think I had any more tears left within me. I was dried up, I had down all the crying these days; I was done crying and whining how horrible my life was. I had to fight for my life now, I couldn’t cry for every disgrace that happened, I had to stand tall and look ahead. I wasn’t going to give Max the satisfaction of me falling apart. I had learned that the hard way.

The nurse came back and handed me some papers. “You are free to go. Have a good day Ms. Miller.” She smiled at me and left. I got up from my bed and put the papers into my purse. I looked at my parents, “Ready?” I asked. My dad smiled at me but it didn’t reach his eyes, “yeah, let’s go home darling”

We walked to the parking lot where my parents and Kyle’s car were next to each other. “I’m gonna go with Kyle.” My dad gave me a disapproving look and opened his mouth to tell me to ride with them.