Chapter 8- Hospital

Chapter 8-  Hospital

**************

“SHUTTER EVERY WINDOW TILL ITS ALL BLOWN AWAY, EVERY BRICK EVERY BOARD EVERY SLAMMIN’ DOOR BLOWN AWAY”

I woke up instantly when I heard my ringtone from Carrie Underwood. I checked the time it was 2:00 in the morning. I got up and got my phone.

“Hello?”

“Rose? Oh thank God you answered it was about time.”

I recognized Detective Benson voice on the other end.

“Detective Benson?”

“Yes, sorry for calling at this hour but I have bad news and I think you’d want to know.”

My heart accelerated, had they figured out who my attacker was? Was I in danger? Was he on his way to hurt me now?

“Is.. is it HIM?”

He must have noticed the tension in my voice. “No Rose I’m sorry we haven’t had any leads on your attacker, this is something else.”

I was confused on why he had called me. “I don’t understand detective it’s not about my attacker then what is it about?”

“It’s Kyle, he has been in an accident”

My heart stopped, all I could think of was “not Kyle, not him” I was scared to what could happen to Kyle.

“What? What happened? Is he okay?”

“He’s in surgery right now but to be honest it’s not looking very good, sorry Rose”

Tears feel from my eyes, I got the name of the hospital and quickly rushed over there. As soon as I got there they told me to wait in the waiting area. Detective Benson spotted me and came to sit next to me. He told me Kyle's family was on their way. I had never seen his family, I wondered if he had brothers or sisters.  It was about thirty minutes later until his parents arrived. His mom looked stressed and Kyle’s dad was silent. Detective Benson introduced me to them. They looked friendly for the most part but of course this wasn’t the best occasion to meet. We waited for an hour until we saw the doctor come out.

“Kyle Thompson’s family?”

We quickly got up. “We are still in surgery doing the best we can, but I’m going to be honest there isn’t much that we can do for him.”

His mother started crying and I felt a pain in my heart.

“We will do all that we can but we don’t know if he’ll wake up. We won’t give up but I just think you all should prepare yourselves.”

And with that he walked off. His mom was crying to a point where I thought she needed medical help. I helped her sit down. I couldn’t imagine what she was feeling. I wanted to cry so badly but someone had to be the strong one in this room. I was anxious to see Kyle. I couldn’t imagine losing him.

I felt my phone vibrate and noticed I had two miss calls from my mom. I called back quickly so they wouldn’t panic. I told them I was in the hospital because Kyle had gotten in an accident. They told me to go home when I was tired. As soon as I hanged up Max called me.

“Hey Rose where are you? Your parents called me all scared because you weren’t in the house.”

“Sorry, I’m in the hospital-“

“WHAT? ARE YOU OKAY? Max practically screamed at me.

“Yes I’m fine, It’s Kyle he got in an accident.”