Fourteen

A/N: We're getting into PG content in this chapter, nothing warranting a smut warning, but just in case anyone would prefer to avert their eyes...

Noah

The next few weeks pass in a blur of school, football and Elle. We've been taking things slow, or as slow as she will allow. Elle's always been bossy, and she's been gradually escalating every time we've been alone. Not that I'm complaining.

There's a particular Saturday night I won't soon forget that pretty much plays on a loop in my head. Elle and I went out to dinner, and were supposed to go see a movie afterwards, except there wasn't really anything we both wanted to see. My argument was that we didn't really have to watch the movie. Elle's counter argument was that if we were just going to make out, we could find somewhere less public to do it.

Which is how we end up at a quiet spot behind a park not far from home, fogging up the windows of my car. My seat's leaned back and Elle's straddling my lap, giving me access to roam my hands pretty much all over her while we kiss. Which I do, staying safely on top of her clothes, until she forcibly moves my hand from her hip, pushing my fingers up under her top, onto the skin of her stomach. As much as Elle's lean and fit, her skin is as soft as silk, smooth apart from the tiny goosebumps that rise as I skim my fingertips over her.

I'd love to kiss my way from her bellybutton up, but that'll have to wait for another day, preferably when we're somewhere less likely to be arrested for public indecency. My hand moves higher, fingers now tracing slowly over the thin fabric of Elle's bra and she sighs into my mouth. Damn. She makes it hard to be good. I start trailing kisses down her neck, palming her breast and squeezing gently.

Elle moans, pressing herself against the front of my jeans. I slide my other hand down her back to her butt, pulling her harder against me as I groan into her mouth. Even with my eyes closed, I sense a spot of bright light being shined towards us, right before the loud tap on the window. Elle jumps off me with a yelp, scrambling back to the passenger seat.

"Oh, my God, we're going to jail!" she loud-whispers while I swear under my breath and shift my seat back to an upright position.

I press the button to open the window, just enough to see the security guard standing outside the car.

"You kids having car trouble?" he grins knowingly.

I clear my throat before I respond. "No, sir, we were just talking."

His grin broadens. "Talking, huh? Well, maybe you should go home and, uh, talk. It's getting late."

"Sounds like a good plan, thanks."

Fortunately, he walks away then, shaking his head, and I put the window back up before turning to Elle, my lips sucked in and eyes wide. She bursts out laughing, her hands coming up to cover her flaming cheeks. I laugh too, the tension from our close call melting out of me.

"Thank God it wasn't the police," I choke.

"Uh huh," Elle giggles. "How embarrassing."

"Hey, it could have been worse," I chuckle. "At least we were still fully clothed."

Elle's laughter subsides, and the look she gives me carries some of the heat from before. "I kind of wish we weren't."

I hold her gaze for a minute before leaning over to kiss her, desire searing between us. When I pull back, I whisper, my voice coming out a little rough. "We should get going."

"I guess so, yeah," she mutters, slumping back in her seat.

Sighing, I lean back too, starting the car and backing out of the parking space, before heading out onto the street. Elle's a little bit subdued when I drop her off at home, but our goodnight kiss is as passionate as ever. It's not until I'm back at home, in my room, that it really dawns on me. She was frustrated. So am I.