Twenty-five

A/N: Well, we're in the downhill run to Christmas now and, as it so happens, the smutty stars have aligned yet again. Consider this your festive treat, or give the section between these *** a wide berth, the choice is yours as always. Happy holidays to those who celebrate, and don't worry, I have plenty more goodies in store for you over the next couple of weeks while I have time off work. Love to you and yours, Jo xx

Elle

I'm pretending to still be asleep in the hopes that Noah will let me actually go back to sleep. My sub-conscious somehow knows when he's almost back from his run, because I wake up right before he cracks open the door to his room. I must've shut my eyes just a split-second too late though, because the next thing I know, the covers are ripped off my body and there's a very sweaty Noah grinning down at me from beside the bed.

"Don't even think about trying to go back to sleep," he chuckles. "You've slept long enough."

"Nooo..." I protest, attempting to pull the quilt back over me. "It's too early."

"Too early for what?"

"For anything," I pout. "It's Sunday morning. Why can't you just sleep in like a normal person?"

"That ship has sailed, Shelly. Come on, come shower with me."

Cracking one eye open, I peer up at him. Noah Flynn is six feet five inches of temptation, wrapped in toned muscle and tanned akin. The way his hair flops over his forehead, t-shirt clinging to his chest where he's worked up a sweat on his run, the veins visible in his arms as they hang by his sides... Realizing suddenly that I'm openly staring now, rather than just peeking, my eyes snap back up to meet his where they're crinkled at the corners by his knowing grin. Busted.

All the same, I'm determined not to make it this easy for him, so I shake my head, closing my eyes again with a small smile.

"No thanks, I'd rather sleep."

I sense Noah moving closer, resisting the urge to open my eyes. The next thing I know, his warm breath is tickling my ear.

"We both know that's a lie, Elle."

My breath catches as his teeth graze my earlobe, and desire unfurls low in my belly when his lips find that spot on my neck that never fails to drive me crazy. Just as I'm about to give in and reach for him, he's gone, the air around me suddenly cooler, devoid of his heat. And then I feel a strong hand grip each of my ankles. My eyes flash open, looking down at the end of the bed, right as Noah, smirking up a storm, takes a half step back and tugs me swiftly down the length of the bed towards him.

A yelp flies from my mouth and my arms flail about, but it's too late to try and grab a hold of anything. I end up half-sitting, just in time for him to lean into me, throwing me over his shoulder like I weigh no more than a feather. Unable to prevent the giggles from escaping, I kick my legs and pound my fists against Noah's broad back, which only results in him gripping me harder, chuckling as he strides towards the bathroom.

"You're such a jerk!" I protest as he puts me down on the counter next to the sink.

Noah steps back, peeling his damp t-shirt off in one smooth motion, smirk firmly in place again.

"But I'm still a hot jerk, right?"

The sight of his abs stacked on top of one another, disappearing into the waistband of his running shorts, makes my mouth instantly go dry, and I swallow, my brain trying to form a witty comeback and failing miserably.

"Ugh, you're really never going to let that go, are you?"

Noah's shoulders shake in amusement. "Absolutely not."