chapter 13!!!

I AM BACK! did you guys miss me !! sighghghgh going back to school shopping tomorrow😮‍💨

storyline; Robin introduces Finney to one of his friends from his basketball team, Robin's friend has a small crush on Finney, Robin finds out as they start to get too close for comfort

heh that was a cool storyline right

-NOBODY'S POV-
Finney was sat on the top of the bleachers, watching as Robin was tied up against the school they were competing with in the tournament.

He noticed how him and one of the boys from Robin's basketball team kept making small awkward eye contact, however he didn't sweat it and was more focused on watching Robin.

The tension between the two teams were rough, Robin looked as if he was about to punch someone. It took awhile but eventually the game ended, Finneys school unfortunately lost. This is the 3rd time within the past 3 tournaments their school has lost.

Finney waited for Robin at their usual meet up spot, behind the bleachers in the left corner of the gymnasium. He waited for Robin until he spotted him with a towel wrapped around his neck and the same boy he kept making eye contact with right beside him talking to Robin.

Finney had to be honest, that man looked really good. But he got rid of his thoughts as soon as Robin came up to him. "Hey Finney." Robin seemed disappointed but still relieved to see Finney.

"Hey Robin! Sorry about the game. Who is this?" Finney asked curiously while the man silently stared at Finney.

"He's my friend and the most recent person to join the basketball team." Robin seemed pretty tired. Lucas shook Finneys hand, just as Finney was about to let go he kept shaking his hand, smiling for a few more seconds.

"Im Finney, as you already know! Finney blake." He smiled in order to not seem uninterested in their mini conversation.

"Lucas, Lucas lake." The man looked like every highschool jock stereotype, except he was alot more mesmerizing to glance at. He had light freckles with blonde fluffy hair and perfect hazel eyes. Finney noticed that when Lucas smiled at him, he kinda had fangs. Not those weird vampire fangs, but natural sharp side teeth. He was also incredibly tall. An inch or two taller than Robin, and Robin was already taller than Finney.

His smile was perfect, Finney zoned out staring at the man.
"Take a picture, it'll last longer." Lucas chuckled, while Finney had no idea that he had just zoned out thinking about the man. Robin's expression turned bitter, Finney had noticed and felt bad.

"Uh. Do you guys wanna go hang out at like a restaurant to feel better about the game? I'll pay." He spoke to the both of them but it was clearly intended for Robin.

"Yeah. Okay." Robin agreed, and so did Lucas. They decided on some place not too causal and not too fancy. Just a regular restaurant. Robin and Lucas sat down while Finney went to go order. They both insisted on doing it for him but Finney declined.

It was silent for abit before Robin spoke up. "Listen, do you like Finney? I mean, do you have like an actual crush on him." Nobody knew about Robin and Finney especially because Robin wasn't ready to come out of the closet. Only their close friends knew, and Robin didn't declare Lucas a close friend at all.

"I guess so. I've been thinking about him for awhile, and when I found out that you were such close friends with him. It felt like it was meant to be. I've had my eye on him for awhile and I'm hoping he likes me back. He's kinda giving me mixed signals." Lucas admitted while Robin thought it was ironic how he called them "close friends".

ah yes, close friends who kiss and go on dates

"Oh. Cool, I wasn't even aware you liked guys. Cool." Robin tried his best not to sound bitter, but inside he was fuming. Especially at the part where he said Finney had been giving Lucas mixed signals.

By now, Finney had already come back with their orders in his hand. Robin got up to help Finney while he took a quick glance at Lucas who stared right back at him.

okay wait, just for anyone wondering Finney doesn't actually like Lucas.

Once they all settled down with their food, Lucas had started a conversation with Finney. Simply getting to know eachother, Robin knew Finney had no interest in Lucas, so how could he be giving him mixed signals? Plus, they only met today. Was Lucas just lying to make it seem like Finney liked him?

Robin seemed furious, refusing to even join in on their conversation. The other two clearly had noticed, that's when things became silent and awkward. Finney couldn't bare the tension, so he made up a lie in order to leave for abit.

"Where are you going?" Lucas asked as Finney left the table.

"Oh, I need the uh washroom. Sorry, be right back." Finney smiled, just as he turned his back Lucas spoke again.

"That's completely fine. I need the washroom as well." Finney didn't expect what Lucas had just said, he immediately turned to Robin who faced Finney for abit before looking away. Still clearly very furious.

There weren't many people in the restaurant, it was 8 PM which meant the restaurant closed within an hour. Finney had hoped at least one person was in the washroom inorder for it to be less awkward, unfortunately not.

Finney had finished up using the washroom
(SORRY BUT IM NOT WRITING ABOUT FINNEY AND LUCAS PISSING INTO URINALS THANK YOU)
and walked up to the sink to wash his hands, so did Lucas. It kinda seemed he was copying every little thing Finney did.

"Finney." Lucas spoke up, standing right beside Finney. His voice kind of echoed in the empty washroom.

"Listen. I know we've only had really small interactions before and this is our first time speaking outside of school and what not. But do you.. like me? You've clearly been giving me mixed signals." Finney weirdly expected what Lucas was about to say. He wanted to ignore his question and just run out of the washroom without saying anything, but he also kind of intimidated by Lucas.

"No. I'm sorry, it's just I-.." Finney was interrupted by Lucas getting to closer to him, whispering in his ear with a tone Finney couldn't explained.

"But are you sure you don't like me Finney,,?" He breathed onto Finneys neck. Finney felt Lucas grab for his hand, his face a centimeter away from Finneys.

"Lucas. Please sto-" Finney was interrupted AGAIN, except this time by the washroom door opening. (I feel like I've written 80 chapters with this exact same washroom plot I'm so sorry)

Robin made eye contact with the two boys. Finney looked overwhelmed while Lucas was smirking, grabbing onto Finney. Robin could already guess what was happening.

Without saying a word, he went up to Lucas and punching his face repeatedly until his face turned bloody, Robins fist started to hurt and Lucas was on the floor.

Robin waited for Finney to explain the story while they walked out of the washroom and paid for their meals. Finney told Robin the truth of what happened while Robin drove Finney home.

"You should've ran out and came to me Finney." Robin wasn't disappointed, rather just worried.

"I know! But he's alot taller than me and I was terrified. I'm sorry. I also thought he'd chase me too." Finney chuckled at what he said while Robin pulled into the driveway of Finneys home.

"Bye Finney, I love you." Robin kissed Finney on his cheek.

"Bye Robin. Love you too!"

1365 words

oh god that was a really long chapter.. sorry guys
I may or may not be slow with updating this book since I have another book still in progress, I should've finished this book before writing the next one but oh well 🤭💗

BYEEYEYE EVERYONE LOVE YOU ALL, I APPERICATE ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT, READS, VOTES, COMMENTS EVERYTHING ILYLYLY