The rift

notes: This is the first fanfiction I have ever written and I hope you like it <3

triggers: slight drug mention

<hello> this is watcher grian speaking/talking in his mind

No ones pov:

Grian sat on the cold stone floor. He stared up at the swirling purple gate that was the rift It was beautiful. He loved staring in to its depths over the last few weeks he had become addicted to it. Some pats of him screamed to leave and go do something productive but it was overwhelmed by his urge to feel the rift's light on his skin, its fizzy feeling as he touched the tendrils of purple starlight that swirled around the cave. The rift lay underneath his and Mumbo's mega bases. Its power held his rocks up in the air. Only a few other people knew about the rift and Grian trusted them not to touch it or go near it. It used to be for their safety but now it was because he wanted it all to himself.

He wanted the power, the feeling of peaceful bliss but most importantly he loved the old memories it fueled his mind with. It had become an obsession and he wanted it all.

Grians pov:

My mind snapped back to normal as I stood up. My head spun from the magic that had been flowing through it.

I was standing before the rift again. Fiddlesticks I tried to remember when or how I got here but my mind was hazy. I wanted to find Scar, I wanted him to laugh with me and cause shenanigans just like the old days but recently he had been avoiding me I didn't know why but I guessed it had something to do with the hazy memories and strange pull to always be around the rift.

Dammit I hated the rift. When ever I looked at it it would bring back the pain and torture the watchers had caused me. I wanted to tear it down and forget it ever existed but when ever I got close to it some old forgotten part of my brain took control and I entered a peaceful happy trance. It was like a drug and I was addicted to it. No matter what situation or time of day I always felt a pull at the back of my mind.

My friends had always been there to stop it but while Mumbo was away it had gotten far worse and even tough Scar helped a lot it still sometimes took control and dragged me back to this physical and mental pit.

I looked up through the crack in the ceiling and to the sky below. With a powerful gush i opened my wings and launched myself up towards the sky.

After a few seconds of upwards flying I breached the cave and took a deep breath of the crisp night air. I loved flying especially at night when it was only you and the stars.

No ones pov:

The lone avaian flew up towards the cloud cover. He paused took a breath and darted up, The clouds felt wet on his skin and made him shiver. He smiled and pushed up once more leaving the clouds behind him. Now it was only him and the sky.

Up here the worlds problems didn't matter. The past got forgotten and the future was ignored it was only the present. The present such a great name for such an endless thing. It was always the present you could never be in the past or the future only the now.

The endless sky stretched above him open to claim for those who wanted it and he wanted it. He only the endless night sky so bad but he knew the dawn would come and he return to the ground once again. But he was here now and he would cherish that moment.

Grians pov:

The moon was bright tonight. It illumined the clouds and made my wings glow. I was at total peace nothing was wrong and nothing could go wrong maybe tomorrow but not right now never right now never here.

The sky was my escape, my paradise. No matter what happened to the earth I could always escape to the sky. if the after life existed I would want to spend it in the sky watching the world turn and evolve below me.

A voice in the back of my head broke the silence <But you should watch. You can watch.> MY vision flickered and I hurtled towards the ground. All I could feel was the cold air rushing past me. My brain flashed a bunch of images across my vision. They all were marked with the same symbol. The symbol of the watchers.