night time flights

Your mum

triggers: blood, hallucinations, death.  probably others : p 

yes death be scared 

Grian's pov:

Everyone had fun.

Scar lightened the mood and from then on we all stopped caring.

The night sky shone up above, and laughter filled the air.

Pearl and Gem came back at some point but I didn't bother scolding her now that could wait till morning.

We spent a few hours dancing and laughing and having fun before lighting a campfire. 

Scar sat next to me, he lay his head on my shoulder, he was almost asleep when he whispered in my ear. 

"What dose it feel like to fly?" I thought for a few seconds before answering. "Simple words can't describe it. Would you like to try it?" He nodded for a few seconds before getting up and pulling me after him.

I grabbed him around the waist, he clung on to my shoulders.

Smiling I said "Hold tight." and we took off. 

It took me a few seconds to get used to the new weight, then we broke the tree cover and I spread my wings out. Scar gasped. 

But I wasn't even at the best part yet. Multiple powerful beats of my wings later and we were high  above the trees.

There were no clouds tonight and the sky stretched on towards the horizon.

I paused for a few seconds before tucking my wings in and falling forward.

I let myself fall until I was almost hit the ground.

Scar screamed as we neared the ground but the sound of my wings snapping out and propelling us forward turned his scream of fear the sounds of utter joy.

I flew towards the river and under the bridge. I curved around the back of pearls house before flying through her tunnel the up towards the stars.

Scar whopped and I replied by laughing back.

The night  stretched on just for me to explore but that was for another time maybe even another life. 

By the time I set Scar on the ground people had started to leave and I took that as a queue to leave myself.

I said my farewells and again shot into the night sky.

This time I had nothing to distract me only flying home. My brain was left empty, the space was slowly filled.  Not with pleasant memory's of friends and campfires but with the thoughts and memories you hoped to forget  and always tried to ignore.

----time skip----

I found myself once again standing before the rift. The sensible part of my brain screamed to leave. The only problem was I couldn't.

The hole to the rift had been slightly smaller than I remembered. My wing had clipped on the edge and now a small trail of blood slipped down it.

I barely noticed the pain as I stared at the rift.

(Cheese :D)

The rift felt different tonight. 

My body felt foreign. I wasn't in control. 

I just stood there had it been minuities, hours or days. Time was lost. I was lost. 

< hello old friend >