Chapter Three

↪Got the music in you, 

baby tell me why, 

you've been locked in here forever 

and you can't say goodbye.↩

SONG: Apocalypse By Cigarettes After Sex

◤◥◤◥◤◥

Nova Johnson

I bite my lower lip as I draw a perfect dot on my wall, then pick up the hammer and bang it against the nail. Only for it to fall and leave a large mark on my wall.

I moaned and slammed my head against the wall. I try a few more times, but the nail refuses to penetrate the bloody wall. I feel a vibration as I rest my hand against the wall. I pull off my headphones and notice someone was ringing my doorbell the entire time. My attention is drawn to the door. I walk down the corridor, clutching the hammer.

My hands pull open the door, the moment my eyes took a long glance up at the tall body, I feel myself shiver. I hadn't realised that blue could be such hot fire until I saw those eyes. One glance of those blue eyes told of a lifetime of struggle that had never been put into words. They were the colour of a clear blue sky through a broken prison wall; the colour of a perfect raindrop on a blue aster; the colour of a river hurrying to join the great ocean.

Then my eyes scaled down at the tattoos that were drawn all over his neck, down his chest then hidden by the clothing. 

The outer edge of his eyes was rimmed in deep ocean blue, but the overall effect was of hazel eyes, the brown elements being more dominant since they complimented his hair and the freckles that lay over the bridge of his nose.

His hair, his hair was the black of over-washed cloth, the kind that was worn and beaten. But the beautiful curls that were sticking out. His lips, a beautiful colour of light nude. Then his lips began moving, I try focus onto his lips and make out what he was saying but he was way too fast for my liking.

Alexander Solonik.

I lift a finger which stopped him from speaking before slamming my door closed, I rush to my bedroom to look into the mirror and oh my fucking- I look like shit! My hot neighbour is shouting at me, and I looked like this? I fix my hair a little and add a tinsel of mascara before walking back to the door.

"Sorry, I had my headphone-" He interrupts me.

"I don't care, keep the banging to yourself alright, some of us are trying to fucking sleep." He demands. I rose an eyebrow as he turns to the opposite door. His back was full of tattoos, way too many. It outlines every muscle he has, which bear in mind was a lot. He slams the door behind him, and I look down at the hammer, I didn't like the way he spoke to me, so...

I leave the door open and grab a nail, I climb up the ladder. I wait for the perfect moment before I bang against the nail so hard it fits through. I continue banging for unnecessary reason until his door opens. I take the initiative, climb down my ladder. "What did I-" Before he said anything I slam the door closed onto his face and walk away proudly.

After a few hours, I decided it was time to do a bit of studying. I throw my tracksuit on, grab my keys and slap on a Nike hat over my bundle of messy curls. I tumble out of the apartment, turning to lock my doors. I pull down the handle to make sure and double check. When it was secure, I turn and bump into another body.

That body being my annoyingly hot neighbour.

He glances down at me, wearing a tight black shirt, with a pair of black jeans. A leather jacket in one hand sharing a gym bag.