Chapter Four

↪You can use me, baby just use me, she likes it when I'm fucked up she gonna use me.↩

SONG: Use Me by PLAZA

◤◥◤◥◤◥

Nova Johnson

It should be here somewhere; my hands grab the bottom of my bag as I empty everything out. I scream loudly and feel tears leave my eyes; it was here. 

It should be here. I put it in my back pocket! Why can I not find them anywhere? I push the couch and look underneath, nothing. Jane bought me that phone, she bought it for me with her own money. She is going to kill me; I know she is.

I grab the carpets and throw it over but nothing. My fingers rush through my hair, I hold onto my bag and tuck all my books back inside, knowing I have a class in a few minutes. I release my curls and walk over to my door; I slip my shoes on and grab my coat of the hanger.

The minute I open my door, I gasp frightened as I see his tall body overshadowing my own. One arm was holding onto the top of my door, the other tucked into his pocket. 

His muscles refract with every shuffle he makes. Half his top raised slightly, revealing the tattoos. His shirt was short sleeved, revealing every drawing that were wrapped around his arms then there was me. Only reaching his chest.

"Alexander, if you're going to complain about the noise-" He slips out a familiar phone and hands it over to me, my eyes widen in shock as I take it from him gently. "Where did you find it?"

"The brigades were trying to stop you the other night to give it to you," that explains why they were huddling around me like a bundle of penguins.

"Thank you so much Alexander, really I was going crazy for a minute." I chuckle, scratching the back of my head. 

He nods his head and pushes himself away from the door, he bends down to pick his gym bag on the ground before walking down the hallways. I close my door, giving him a few minutes before I leave, just in case there would be a repeat of what happened yesterday.

After a few minutes, I travel down to my car. I pull the driver's door open and bend over to shove my bag onto the passenger seat.

I park in my usual spot and slam my doors close; I walk inside the reception before down the busy hallways.

The hallways are dark marble floors and white walls, not a handprint or scuff mark anywhere. The doors are a glossy black, numbered with silver digits that match the globe shaped handles. It isn't just the materials though, it's the dimensions, the width being at least twice that of Brampton High.

I reach my locker, before hearing a few gossips. "Have you seen Leo's step-brother?"

"Who hasn't? Some of the girls fake going to the gym just to see him."

"I heard someone's written-"

I push my key inside the locker door, and it opens.

I shove some of my recent books inside and watch the hallway clear. Suddenly, my locker slams shut, and my finger gets caught inside. I let out a scream of pain as I look up to the body that has closed it but they disappeared before I could catch a look.

I grab my bag from the ground along with my coat as I leave the hallway, feeling tears wanting to leave my eyes as I travel down to my maths classroom. I push open the door and watch everyone's eyes on me. 

"Nova, settle down, we are doing a maths test." I nod my head and take my seat at the front. He slides me over a paper, and I settle my things down as I take my bag out. I begin completing some of the questions. Then one question comes into mind;