Chapter Eleven

Nova Johnson

DONT TALK ABOUT BRUSHING TEETH -  I CBA TO PUT IT IN. 

"Are you a stupid girl Nova?" My mum yells at me, grabbing me by the ear as she pushes me back inside the house. I was only trying to get the ball. "We do not go onto that property! Understand!"

"But-the ball daddy got me-"

"I'll buy you a god damn new one!" She slams the front door closed behind me; I feel tears blur my eyes as she stares at me for a moment. She releases a long sigh and crouches down, "I'm sorry-I'm sorry I didn't mean to shout. You cannot just leave the house without letting me know Nova,"

"I'm sorry..." She kisses the top of my head, before making her way upstairs.

I walk into the living room and see her computer open on the dining table, pictures of the neighbour's house pinned all over the walls with mini ropes. CCTV footage of car entering the driveway. Little writing sprawled all over the papers.

A ringing phone destroys the best sleep I've had in my life, I try to ignore it, but it seems like it's getting louder. The blanket was very warm over my body, and when I try to push it away- it was too heavy. I open my eyes and see a hand grasping my breasts. The only thing between his hand and my skin is the thin of my shirt.

My eyes pop out of my head, and I look back to see Alexander face inches away from my own. "Alexander..." I try to move his hands away but he's too stubborn. Gosh even in his fucking sleep?

It felt nice. God, it felt amazing. The butterflies were all over my stomach.

When I notice he isn't wearing his hearing aids, I nudge him, and his eyes open with a groan. When they fully open, he pushes himself away from me and slides off the bed, realising how close we were.

He grabs his hearing aids and slides them down onto his ears, adjusting them.

I try to hold onto my laughter at this awkward situation, "had a good little touch, did you?" I teased him, sitting up onto the headboard. I stretch out my arms and crack my neck a little.

"You're sleeping on the floor tonight." My eyes widen-the floor?

"Why me? You were the one touching my boobs!"

I slide of the bed, he wipes his hands down his face, grabbing his shirt from the floor before sliding it on. I watch him walk past me and into another door in the bedroom, hang on? He has a fucking bathroom in his bedroom, and I don't? That is not fair!

I follow him into the bathroom, standing by the door as he takes his toothbrush from the cupboard. "I'm not sleeping on the floor Alexander."

"Then you can sleep in the hallway."

I walk inside the bathroom and push the toilet seat down before sitting on it, Alexander raises his brow and looks back at me.

"Get the fuck out of my bathroom."

"Why? We're keeping each other company."

"I don't know. Privacy?"

"It's not like you're stripping, not that I would mind watching that." I chuckle rubbing the inner corner of my eyes, Alexander spits out the toothpaste and cleans his brush before rinsing his mouth.

"I need to shower, get out."

I sigh and stand up, leaving the bathroom.

I need to get out of these clothes, since Alexander was in the shower, I use this as my chance to slide my shirt over my head and fold it to the side. I look through his draw for a t-shirt or something to wear, but it was all jeans or joggers. Where does this man put his shirts?