Chapter 2: Mason Ohara

Annoyingly, I'm noticing the differences in the atmosphere when Piper is here compared to when she's not. It's been about a month since she told me that she had to leave. She's a fucking prospect, she shouldn't be going anywhere, much less for a month. 

Apparently, she told Alpha what she's doing or whatever, and he hasn't marked her down for it, so she's not getting demoted when she gets back if she ever does. She gets to take her place right back at the top.

Well, second place behind Nick, but he's getting initiated as an official member soon. Then, she'll be the leader of the pack I guess you could say.

She's got to go on runs and shit now.

Even those she's been gone for a whole goddamn month.

I firmly disagree with Alpha's decision.

"Bullet? Come to my office, please."

Alpha's nicer than normal. Something's definitely up. I might not be the best person right now, I can recognize that in myself, but I'm not clueless about when I need to be not so angry at the world. I guess that's an excellent way to put it. 

So, without an argument, I follow the Devil's Rose MC President down the warehouse hallway to his private office. When he opens the door the only thing I can think about is how many times he and Persephone have probably had sex in here. 

If it were me, I would do the same thing, I'm not going to lie about that.

Even though it's the afternoon, and Alpha rarely drinks in the afternoon, he grabs a half-filled glass of bourbon. He asks if I want one, but I respectfully decline. I would rather drink and have sex I won't remember than just drink. 

As much as I find Alpha handsome, I don't think anyone would appreciate us having sex. Most especially his wife, who I adore, I will admit that. She's the one person so far in my life that I will never disrespect or be rude to. She's just got this fucking amazing energy about her, and I never want to fuck that up. 

I don't care about anyone else though. They can all fucking suck it.

With the fucking heaviest sigh I've ever heard in my life, Alpha flops down in the luxurious yet comfortable chair behind his desk.

"What's will the secrecy?"

"I'm not entirely sure how to approach you with this."

"Because of my...personality...these past couple of weeks?"

"That but I'm not sure how Piper would feel about me telling you all the details."

"What the fuck does Piper have to do with this?"

"As you know, she's been gone for quite a while, but this is due to some medical issues. She's finally able to get back to her regular life, but she's fragile at the moment. She needs a lot of support, and she was looking forward to being an official member, but uh, that's not going to happen anymore."

Oh, shit. I didn't fucking think that she left because of an actual problem. I mean, she tried to tell me, and I practically told her to leave. I didn't realize. I shouldn't have fucking assumed anything. 

I need to stop hurting the people around me, but they won't stop hurting me. Let me clarify, not people here, but like my non-chosen, biological family.

"What do you need from me?"

Alpha's eyes widen, and his mouth dropped for a moment before he gets his act together. It's like he fucking surprised I wanted to help, what the fuck? Oh, well, that might actually fit the fucking bill. It's not normal for me.