Chapter 21: Piper Bardot

I can't stop laughing as Persephone and Fiona run in circles trying to splatter one another in paint. Beatrice stands in the corner absolutely unimpressed with her head in her hand and her eyes rolling. Dakota won't stop bossing people around, and I can barely hold it together. Tears of laughter are gathering in my eyes and my stomach begins to hurt in the best way. But I can't stop fricking laughing.

"Get your bitch ass away from me!"

"Come here, you skank!"

Thank goodness that no children are here.

"Would you two just get back to work please?"

Yeah, that's not going to happen.

"Oh god, I need a break from you two."

Beatrice links her arm through mine and tugs me out of the room to go focus on another project.

"They can't be in the same room for more than a minute without wanting to annoy each other to death."

"Oh come on, it's hilarious!"

"Hilarious and annoying. Dakota!"

"What the fuck do you want!?"

"Give Piper and me something to do!"

"Go do some more planting!"

"Alright! Thanks, bitch!"

"Of course, slut!"

"Would you stop calling each other those names!" Whiskey and Poison yell at the same time.

They aren't a fan of the vocabulary they use for nicknames. I just don't think those boys understand. I mean, how could they? It's not like they are using 'bitch' and 'slut' as terms of endearment for one another. Well, Poison might be, I wouldn't put that past him.

Beatrice and I go back out into the front yard and start digging around in the dirt once again. I wouldn't say that I'm talented in the realm of plants, but I do have a knack for the organization and design aspect of it. I'm more likely to kill them than anything, but I can plant them and design them well. I just would forget to water them.

We spend a few minutes in silence, the only noise is drilling from inside the house, but then, I hear him. Him being Bullet. His voice is rough this late morning like he didn't get enough of a good sleep. He did tell me he has nightmares, so I bet they kept him awake. 

I try to ignore him, I promise I do, but I find myself tilting my head upward to get a glimpse of him. And I'm glad I did. The way those blue and tattered jeans fit around his ass and the way his dirty white t-shirt already has patches of sweat is almost too much to bear for my beating heart. 

He looks so fricking good. I would love to touch the swell of his back muscles, the broadness of his shoulders, and back down to squeeze that tight ass. He would feel so good under my touch.

Feeling the pressure of my eyes on him, he casually twists his body, sending me a quick wink, and then turns his attention back to Poison. I flick my eyes back down to the dirt and blush.

"You two are adorable."

"Beatrice, no. Stop it."

"I guess your dinner last night heated things up."

"It's not like that."

"No? Because it seems that way to me."

"Nothing is going on."

"You don't have to lie to me, you know. I'm not gonna tell anybody."

"There's nothing to tell."

She gives me a pointed look before softening her gaze.