Chapter 15: Piper Bardot

"Ready, angel?"

I check my posture on the motorcycle seat and the grip that I have around Bullet's waist. Once I guarantee that I'm not going to fall off the bike the minute he goes forward, I give him a thumbs up and a quick 'yes.'

"I want to ask you something."

"Anything, Bullet."

"I'm going to therapy tomorrow with someone that Poison got his therapist to recommend to me. I think that's how it happened. And I uh, I wanted to see if you would be comfortable being there? Not in the room, but outside the door, just chillin'."

I hesitate to answer his statement/question. While I want to be there to support him, would I be getting in the way of his therapy appointment? I don't want him to be thinking about me sitting outside the door when he should be discussing personal experiences and stuff with his therapist. 

That doesn't make me a bad person, right? I know he's asking this of me, but I also don't want to take away from anything. Another thing is that this healing process, this therapy process, is his. He should be able to choose how he wants it to go. If he wants me to be outside the door and support him from afar (kind of) I'm not going to ignore that desire.

"I can be outside the door. What time?"

"It's at one. Maybe we could grab lunch and then head over together."

"Perfect! I'll bring a book, and I can hang out."

He doesn't reply for a short moment.

"Thank you."

I don't say anything in return. There isn't a need to.

We pull up into a parking space behind the Tranquillity restaurant. I clutch his shoulders while I swing my leg around the back of the bike and land on the solid ground with my knees wobbling a little bit. 

The transition between the motorcycle and solid ground is a difficult one. At least not while I'm not used to it like Bullet is.

After helping me take off my helmet (not necessary but I didn't fight it) and taking off his own, he captures my arm into the crook of his, my hand landing on his bicep. I lean into him, stealing some of his natural warmth as the day begins to fade into night and the air starts to grow colder.

A noise comes from one of the back alleys as we make our way around the building to the front door. It's not loud, just a soft thud of something probably falling, but that doesn't stop Bullet from reaching toward the gun he has sitting carefully in a hidden holster. I lay my hand in his, guiding him away from the noise and back alley.

He pulls the door open and allows me to step inside first. I don't go too far, feeling overwhelmed by the noise and crowdedness of the restaurant which causes him to bump into my back and catch himself with a hand on my waist.

"Sorry."

"No worries, angel. Something wrong?"

"I wasn't expecting it to be this noisy."

"We can go and find somewhere quieter."

I shake my head vigorously as I turn my head to catch his stunningly blue eyes.

"No. We aren't going to do that. You said you wanted to come to this place. It's honestly not a problem. I was just hoping for a little more privacy."

"Remember what I said. If it makes you uncomfy, it's a big fucking deal to me."

I briefly caress the side of his face, hoping to relax him a bit.

I'm not the only one feeling tense.