Chapter 33: Mason Ohara

"Mason?"

"Yeah?"

"I wanna do something."

What does that even mean?

"Anything?"

"No, I have something specific in mind."

"Okay? I'll let you lead the way I guess."

She stands up abruptly, and my chest lurches. Fucking hell, Piper. She's throwing up her guts in one moment, the next she decides to turn into fucking Spiderman. What the actual fuck?

I watch her slide on black workout leggings, a black sports bra, a white sports jacket, and her lilac purple tennis shoes.

Where is she going with this?

I don't ask the question out loud, however, following her motions and putting on my basic workout clothes. She grabs the truck keys off the hooks near my front door, grabs a banana and water bottle as she passes the kitchen, and waits for me by the garage door. 

I have no idea what is happening. I figure we're going to go workout, but I am fucking clueless as to why. She also knows that I have a gym in my house, so why we need to go out somewhere else is so beyond me. Maybe for concentration?

"Are you ready?"

"Uh, I guess. I'm confused."

"That's okay, I'll explain on the way."

What the fucking hell is going on?!

I lock the garage door behind me while she climbs into the driver's seat. Is it weird that I hate seeing her drive? Not in a possessive, she-isn't-allowed-to-anywhere type of way, but in a caring, you-never-have-to-that-again-baby-I-got-you-covered type of way. 

It's fucking sexy when she takes control though. I wonder what that would be like in the bedroom, having to call her Miss or something like that. Fuck, it makes me hard just thinking about it. But this is not the time to be having thoughts like that.

I close the front passenger door, and she backs out of the garage, forcing me to quickly put on my seatbelt. Oh boy. I don't know how this is going to go.

"So, what are we doing?"

"We are going to the warehouse to work out."

Thankfully, the drive to the warehouse is pretty quick, no longer than twenty minutes.

"Why not use my gym?"

"I'll get distracted thinking about the bedroom."

So, I was on the right track. It does have to do with concentration.

"Okay, so why are we going to work out at the warehouse at five am?"

"I need something else to concentrate on telling you what I want to tell you while also getting my frustrations out. Working out seemed like the best idea."

She's not wrong about that.

The rest of the ride is silent beside us listening to the natural sounds of the truck. She swings the truck into a spot and clambers out of the car. I wave at Vegas, Carbon, Scout, and Bear as she goes storming past them. 

They wave and smile back at me but don't stop either of us in our path, clearly noticing that something is up and we're too busy to talk at the moment. I'll catch up with them later.

By the time I get into the gym area, Piper is already standing at the punching bag, throwing hard punches. I carefully walk up to her, twisting her hip and giving her a better position.