Seven

You stood there in stunned silence for a moment. You felt cold and irritated from the sudden lack of contact and the pent up energy you weren't able to release.

I probably deserved that, you thought as you fixed your dress and smoothed back your hair.
Now sober, you weren't sure what to do. You couldn't leave without Colt and you weren't really in the mood to dance again.
You let your feet guide you to the stairs and you climbed. It was quiet and calm on the third floor so you decided to start exploring.
The first door that opened revealed an eloquent plush green bedroom. Moving on, you opened various doors until you got to one a couple was hooking up in. You shut the door quickly and went back to the staircase to get to the top floor.
The fourth floor almost resembled a middle class home layout. There were black double doors set in the middle of the wall between the kitchen and living room space and you opened them.
Inside was a bedroom. It was clearly the master bedroom and had a balcony to the end of it. You passed through the mirage of pinks and stepped outside.
It overlooked the back of the estate. There was a bar section, a barbecue pit, and a sanded area with a volleyball net that was swarming with players and onlookers. People splashed each other in the pool and others sat in the hot tub with drinks. You admired the view for a minute when suddenly, the door of the bedroom opened behind you.
You turned to see a scowling Ymir walking towards you. She stopped next to you on the balcony and pulled a pack of cigarettes from her purse.
Opening it, she gestured for you to take one, which you did gladly. She lit it for you and then lit her own, exhaling the smoke with a sigh.

"Are you okay?" You asked.
Ymir sucked air through her teeth and shrugged.

"Unless you're a unrequited lesbian love expert, I doubt you'll be able to solve my problems." She said with a sly smile.

"You may be surprised," you said jokingly,  "I happen to be a part time lesbian myself."

"Oh I know, trust me." Ymir laughed.
You laughed with her and smoked your cigarette in a silence for a while.
Ymir suddenly turned to you with a serious look on her face.

"Y/N," she started. "I know you aren't doing anything on purpose, but ease up on Eren. I can't exactly control it if you happen to see each other around but... Whatever is happening between you two is going to destroy the work he's done to be better."

Better? This is him being better?

"I feel bad about how we started off," you confessed. "But since that night, every other confrontation was his own doing."

"I believe you, and trust me, I'm not angry with you. Eren is a fuckin handful and a half to say the least. But having said that, he's also my friend and I can't see him divert to the old Eren to cope. Between what he's saying about you, and even his brother... I'm scared for him."

"Well," you said snidely, "I'll keep that in mind when grabs me by my neck or locks me in a room with him again."
Ymir stared at you blankly for a second. She opened her pack and gestured for you to take another.

"Maybe the old Eren is making his way back faster than I thought." She said quietly.

"What does that even mean?" You asked while she lit it for you. "He's been the same to me every time I've been around him."
Ymir puffed her cigarette a few times, seemingly contemplating wether she should tell you anything. With a sigh she started.

"After we graduated high school, Eren dropped off the face of the earth. Nobody could reach him for the entire summer break, not even Armin. Then he pops up out of nowhere on the first day of classes here. It took a long time for him to come back to our friend group and even now he's never told anyone why he cut us off that summer."
She flicked the ash off her cigarette before speaking again.