6- Beomgyu's breakdown

Yeonjun couldn't believe what his grandfather had told him. His grandfather had warned him to not bully Beomgyu again. He honestly felt a bit guilty about what he did. He really did overract. He was jealous over the fact that Beomgyu stole the spotlight. 'How childish of me! I really messed up. And he's the ruler of the skies? What in the world...' he thought as he made his way towards the room he shared with Beomgyu. The door was locked and he didn't have keys with him. He knocked the door once but no answer. He knocked the door again, twice this time but to his dismay no answer again. 'Is he sleeping? It's just 7pm though...' His thoughts were interrupted when he heard sobs coming from the other side of the door. This had Yeonjun shocked and worried. 'What the...Is he crying?' "Beomgyu open the door!" he shouted and began banging the door. "Please go away" Beomgyu replied. His voice sounded so weak and dry. "Beomgyu please open the door! Are you alright?" No reply. Yeonjun started to get really worried. His mind was going blank from overhinking. 'What is he doing? Is he trying to kill himself?' Is he sick?' He decided to do the only thing that occurred to him at that moment. 'Break the door'. He knew he's gonna regret doing it but he needed to stop Beomgyu before he does something stupid. He took a deep breath and positioned himself a bit away from the door, ready to break the door open. He took a deep breath in. 'Okay here I go, 1, 2, 3' and with that be broke the door down. His eyes quickly scanned the living room but Beomgyu was nowhere to be found. He ran towards Beomgyu's room and opened the door quickly. His eyes widened at the sight of blood. 'T-This can't be...did he really-' Blood, blood everywhere. Beomgyu was lying in the corner of the room with a huge amount of blood flowing down from his hand. Beomgyu held a knife indicating that he had indeed cut himself. Yeonjun ran towards Beomgyu and picked him up. He grabbed Beomgyu's hand to check the pulse. His pulse was so faint that he almost couldn't feel it but luckily he was alive.

       Yeonjun panicked. At this rate Beomgyu will die. He didn't know any healing magic. Healing magic was one of the most highest level of magic and almost no one in the entire school could do it expect- 'That's right! Grandfather!' Headmaster Hayze was known as one of the strongest wizards alive. This is also the reason why most of the witches and wizards desperately wanted to learn from him, making it one of the hardest schools to get in. He dialed his grandfather's phone number and his Hayze almost instantly picked up. "Grandfather! Please come here it's urgent! Beomgyu...he- he tried to kill himself! Yeonjun's was was desperate. "What?! He did what?!" Hayze's was sounded equally panicked. "I'm coming there right now! Please don't let him die!" With that Hayze ended the call. Rather than running, he teleported himself to Beomgyu's room. Yeonjun turned to look at his grandfather. "Grandfather he...." Hayze was completely speechless. The poor boy was lying in Yeonjun's arms, almost lifeless . He mentally scolded himself for not paying more attention to Beomgyu. "Move aside Yeonjun. I'm going to heal him." Yeonjun nodded and quickly moved aside. Hayze closed his eyes and recited a spell. A light emerged from underneath Beomgyu and lifted him up in the air, healing him in the process. Yeonjun watched the scene with his mouth open. Finally the spell was cast and Beomgyu who was floating in the air, fell. Yeonjun reflexively caught him. He seemed peaceful now. Yeonjun sighed and looked at his grandfather. "Will he be alright now?" "Yes he will. Stay with him until he wakes up and call me if anything. I have some urgent work to attend. Yeonjun DON'T EVER let him do that again." Hayze spat at Yeonjun with vemon in his voice, making Yeonjun cower a little. "Y-yes grandfather. I'll never let this happen again." Hayze didn't reply as he left the room with a loud bang.

       Yeonjun sighed and looked at Beomgyu who was still sleeping peacefully in his arms. He slowly layed Beomgyu down on his bed and sat beside him. He looked at Beomgyu's face and damn, he was pretty. He felt guilty about what he did to him in the past few days. He was lost in thought, staring at Beomgyu that he didn't notice Beomgyu's eyes fluttering open. Yeonjun quickly got out of his trance and looked at Beomgyu slightly relieved but also concerned. "You're awake! How are you feeling?" Beomgyu stared at Yeonjun for a few seconds and then shifted his gaze to his hands. "I'm...alive?" "Yes, yes you are. Beomgyu please listen to me, I apologise for whatever I did in the past few days, I really regret it. Please don't hurt yourself anymore-" "It wasn't entirely your fault." Beomgyu said not looking at Yeonjun anymore. "What? Then why...?" "Pent up frustration. This isn't the first time I did this to myself. I was abused by my father all my life. He said I was the reason my mother had died. I was found on the streets and my mother bought me home and raised me. But unfortunately she lost her life in a car crash while trying to protect me. People around me acted like I was some kind of demon. I was bullied at home as well as at school. When I came here I thought that I'd finally be able to get away from all that but, no. People here hate me as well. Why should I live if no one wants me to?" Beomgyu looked down as few tears escaped his eyes. "Y-you see, after school y-your friends would come to me and beat me up or try to strip and record me." Yeonjun was shocked to hear this. He certainly bullied him but he would never go this far. "Yesterday they did that again...they recorded me, called me names and told me to kill myself." Yeonjun looked at the boy with guilt and pity hugged him out of nowhere. Beomgyu was taken aback by his actions but hugged back. He cried on his shoulder which made Yeonjun's shirt wet but he didn't mind. He consoled him and told him that he'll take care of the bullies. Beomgyu nodded and uttered a small 'thank you', still hugging Yeonjun. Beomgyu was sobbing when he heard a voice singing. "Come and fly away with me~ Come and fly away with me~" Beomgyu couldn't help but admit that Yeonjun's voice sounded heavenly, calming him down instantly. "Don't be be afraid everything will change, You and I jumping off the edge, they say dreamers never die so come and fly away with me~" Yeonjun looked down at the boy who was now sleeping peacefully in his arms and smiled. "We're rising, we're falling, we'll make it through~ We're climbing, we're soaring, a thousand views~" he continued singing. "Somewhere by the emerald seas, where the moon and water meet. Somewhere close to harmony, when the walls are sound asleep~ Something's gotta bring a change, journeys we are meant to take~ Something at the edge of space, calling us to fly away~" After he was done singing, he looked at Beomgyu and smiled and kissed him on his forehead. When he realised what he did he blushed slightly, clearing his throat. He layed him down on the bed and walked out of the room. He ought to teach those assholes a lesson.

                        **********