10- Kidnapped?

After practice, Yeonjun and Beomgyu decided to walk since Beomgyu rejected the idea of driving back to school. "Even though your magic senses danger and protects you, you still need to control it by yourself as well. For example, you can freeze the water when Kai is bathing or something like that." Yeonjun said and Beomgyu laughed. "Of course, I'll try my best!"

       "I know a shortcut to reach school. Should we use the shortcut?" Yeonjun looked at Beomgyu waiting for his approval. "Well, I don't know. Where is the shortcut?" Yeonjun pointed at a small and dark alleyway. "You just have to walk straight for about 5 minutes." Beomgyu frowns, unsure of what to say. "The alleyway is pretty dark. I don't think that's a good idea." "Don't worry Gyu, I'll protect you if something happens!" He smiles and walks ahead not noticing Beomgyu's small blush. "W-wait!" Both of them walked through the alleyway. Beomgyu was really paranoid and cautious. He kept looking around to prevent anything dangerous from happening.

       As they were walking, Beomgyu sensed something. "Yeonjun, wait! Did you hear that?" Yeonjun stops and looks around trying to figure out what Beomgyu was talking about. "No? I don't hear anything. Beomgyu, you're just imagining things. Let's go quickly." Beomgyu was sure that it wasn't his imagination but he decided to let it slide for now.

      Beomgyu noticed a shadow right in front of them. Beomgyu pointed at the shadow and nudged Yeonjun. "Y-yeonjun, what is that?" Yeonjun looked at the direction Beomgyu was pointing to. "It's...a shadow?" "Yes yes it is! It's so dark here, how can ther be a shadow?!" Yeonjun furrowed his eyebrows and walked towards the unknown shadow. "W-wait Yeonjun that can be dangerous!" Beomgyu whispers shouted grabbing Yeonjun's arms to prevent Yeonjun from taking a step further. "Don't worry Beomgyu, I'm sure it's nothing." Yeonjun reassured Beomgyu and walked towards the shadow. Beomgyu slowly followed Yeonjun, still not agreeing with the idea.

       As soon as they reached the shadow, it hit Yeonjun on his chest making him fall back down. "Jjunie!" Before Beomgyu could go help Yeonjun, the shadow grabbed Beomgyu, covering his mouth, preventing Beomgyu from sceaming. Yeonjun groaned and stood up. He was about to attack the shadow when 3 more shadows restrained him. "Hey let me go!" Yeonjun shouted. One of the shadows punched Yeonjun pretty hard making him cough out blood. Beomgyu watched the scene in terror. He tried to scream, but he couldn't. He tried shoving off the shadow's hands but it was too strong.

       Yeonjun felt his consciousness fading. "Wait! Don't take him away." He tried to scream but his voice came out barely as a whisper. He tried standing up or crawling but it was all in vain. The pain was unbearable and blood kept pouring out of his mouth as he coughed. Gyu..." The last thing he saw before he blacked out was Beomgyu being carried by the shadows and then disappearing into thin air.

       Yeonjun woke up in a hospital to find Hayze talking to the doctors worriedly. Hayze noticed Yeonjun move and quickly walked back to his grandson. "Yeonjun! How are you feeling? You didn't return back to school so I was worried and the school security decided to search for you and Beomgyu. We found you passed out in an alleyway but we couldn't find Beomgyu. What happened to you?"
Yeonjun slightly shook his head. "I'm fine grandfather b-but Beomgyu... They took him away grandfather and I couldn't do anything." Yeonjun looks down, his eyes filled with guilt and worry. "Who were they?!" "I-I don't know. They were just...shadows? They neither had a body nor a face." Hayze gritted his teeth. He exactly knew who they were and they were going to pay for kidnapping the ruler of the skies.
"Grandfather, what do we do?" Yeonjun asked worriedly. "Yeonjun, rest for now. I'll do something. Don't worry we'll get our Beomgyu back. With that, Hayze left the hospital room leaving a very confused and worried Yeonjun.

                         **********