8- Cute?

"What were you doing in the principal's office?" Yeonjun questioned Beomgyu. They were on their way to the first lecture. Beomgyu frowned and looked down. "I was asking the principal if I can drop out." Yeonjun widened his eyes and turned to face Beomgyu. "Sorry? You want to drop out?" "I don't think it will be necessary. I couldn't handle the... bullying that's why I wanted to drop out but I think it's all sorted now?" Beomgyu said, giving Yeonjun a fake smile. Yeonjun just nodded and looked down. He still felt guilty and apologised to Beomgyu repeatedly to which Beomgyu, as always, just replied with 'it's fine.'

       The first class was combat training. Beomgyu was extremely bad at combat as he had no experience in fighting. Yeonjun on the other hand excelled in combat, without having any experience whatsoever. Beomgyu panted hard after a hand-to-hand combat with one of their classmates, Soobin. Needless to say Beomgyu had lost terribly. Soobin's element was ice, which supposedly represented elegance. He acted calm and mature, helping Beomgyu up after they were done fighting. He also helped Beomgyu clean up the bruises that he had got from their latest encounter. "Thank you, Soobin." Beomgyu gave him a genuine smile. After all, Soobin was the only one who treated him nicely without making him feel inferior. Soobin smiled "You're welcome, Beomgyu. If you ever need any help in the future, feel free to ask me." Soobin smiled at Beomgyu.

       Yeonjun on the other hand was watching them with a frown on his face. 'Why are they smiling at each other? Are they dating?' "Just because someone smiles at someone doesn't mean they're dating, Yeonjun." Yeonjun was startled. He turned around to see Kai standing beside him with a smile. "Oh yeah? How do you know they're not dating?" Yeonjun questioned with a raised eyebrow. "I don't know whether they're dating or not. I'm just saying assuming two people are dating based on that (them smiling at each other) is stupid ." Yeonjun rolled his eyes and shifted his gaze back to Soobin and Beomgyu. He had a frown on his face the entire time. Yeonjun would never accept the fact that he was a little jealous. Why was he jealous? He didn't know.

       "You suck at combat" Yeonjun turned to face Beomgyu with a smirk. "I know, I've never fought before, heck I didn't even know magic was a thing. Not everyone is a genius like you." Beomgyu rolled his eyes in annoyance. Both of them were in good terms now and considered each other as friends. Yeonjun easily excelled in everything. Beomgyu was intelligent so he could memorize the spells. He excelled the tests but combat was just not his cup of tea. "Well then maybe I could teach you. It'll be very important especially since..." "Especially since what?" Beomgyu looked at Yeonjun with a raised eyebrow. "Well, I think the principal will tell you sooner or later." Beomgyu groaned again. He pouted and whined. "Why can't you just tell me?!" Yeonjun laughs. "You're so cute~!" "What?" Yeonjun widens his eyes realising he had said that out loud. "Nothing just..forget what I said." Yeonjun quickly speed-walked leaving Beomgyu behind. 'Oh my god, I messed up.' His ears had started turning red and his heart pounded violently. Beomgyu kept staring at Yeonjun till he had disappeared from his sight. 'Did he just call me cute?'

                          **********